Sony SmartEyeglass SDK Developer Preview Released

A little over a month ago in Tokyo, Japan, Sony unveiled its new SmartEyeglasstechnology. … more

XDA and Leaseweb: Server Trial/Moto 360 Contest (Winners!)

About a month ago, we held a contest along with XDA’s host, Leaseweb, to … more

Updated Android Lollipop Preview Images – XDA TV

The Android Lollipop Preview Images are now available! That and much more news is … more

Get a Complete Set of Logs with Andy Log

The importance of proper logging is undeniable. No, we’re not talking about lumberjack work. … more

4.4.2 i9505 Firmware for Australia 4G LTE

OP rling

3rd May 2014, 01:43 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 15

747 posts
I've got a rooted, unlocked i9505 with firmware 4.3, and knox still at 0.

Been waiting patiently for an official XSA version of 4.4.2 (Kitkat) and nothing in sight.

This morning, the Google Play Store has been acting up, giving connecting/server errors. Have cleared Google Services Framework cache/data, Play Store cache/data as well as stopped, disabled and re-enable both Framework and Play Store to no avail.

The next step is a hard reset.

Given that I will be losing all info on phone, was wondering if there is safe 4.4.2 firmware I can upgrade to that will permit the 4G LTE/GSM network in Australia before flashing to the official firmware when it is released?

Thanks in advance
3rd May 2014, 03:21 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 184

931 posts
More
without tripping KNOX? for now -NO
3rd May 2014, 04:21 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 0

18 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spamtrash

without tripping KNOX? for now -NO

Are you sure? I thought flashing a stock firmware from another country wouldn't trip Knox?
3rd May 2014, 08:40 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 184

931 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnz

Are you sure? I thought flashing a stock firmware from another country wouldn't trip Knox?

Stock, yes. That means: no custom CWM, no root.
4th May 2014, 10:30 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 0

18 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spamtrash

Stock, yes. That means: no custom CWM, no root.

Well if all he wants is a safe 4.4.2 firmware, that's not really a problem. I'd recommend downloading Odin from somewhere, and a stock 4.4.2 firmware from sammobile.com or samsung-updates.com . I can confirm that the The VNZ and NZC (Vodafone NZ and 2degrees NZ) ones are unbranded, so are probably a good choice. Also comes with Navigon with (I believe) NZ and Australian maps, but I've had some issues with the activation for that.

Then if you want to just download and install an Australian 4.4.2 firmware when it comes out from one of those sites. Just don't under any circumstance try to downgrade from 4.4.2 to an older version.
4th May 2014, 12:45 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 15

747 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnz

Well if all he wants is a safe 4.4.2 firmware, that's not really a problem. I'd recommend downloading Odin from somewhere, and a stock 4.4.2 firmware from sammobile.com or samsung-updates.com . I can confirm that the The VNZ and NZC (Vodafone NZ and 2degrees NZ) ones are unbranded, so are probably a good choice. Also comes with Navigon with (I believe) NZ and Australian maps, but I've had some issues with the activation for that.

Then if you want to just download and install an Australian 4.4.2 firmware when it comes out from one of those sites. Just don't under any circumstance try to downgrade from 4.4.2 to an older version.

Thanks. Will have a look. Aware that I will lose root. Just needed a stock ROM that will work. Do not intend to trip the Knox at this stage. Got the Nexus 7 for that.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread