No registration required

[Q] [SOLVED] Carrier Migration - Verizon to T-Mobile

OP librarat

5th May 2014, 05:07 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 3

41 posts
Hey Guys,

I bought this phone a little while ago on Verizon, from a Verizon store. I'm one of the lucky few that was able to unlock it before their OTAs ruined life.

I'm running Clockwork touch, and it's been rom'd with a few different roms in its lifetime.

However, I've switched carriers and have run into an issue. I can text and make calls just fine, but when I try to hang up the dialer, it hangs and never finishes hanging up. It just sits there, still connected, and says "Hanging Up". The only other issue I have is that I never receive a call. When someone calls in, it rings normally, but the phone never brings up the incoming call screen.

Which leads me to believe that it's a radio firmware issue.

1: Is this correct?
2: How can I fix this? I have T-Mobile now, and have a good piece of hardware (that's totally unlocked and rooted). I'd really like to be able to continue using it.

Libra
Last edited by librarat; 8th May 2014 at 02:53 PM.
6th May 2014, 07:35 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 2

29 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by librarat

Hey Guys,

I bought this phone a little while ago on Verizon, from a Verizon store. I'm one of the lucky few that was able to unlock it before their OTAs ruined life.

I'm running Clockwork touch, and it's been rom'd with a few different roms in its lifetime.

However, I've switched carriers and have run into an issue. I can text and make calls just fine, but when I try to hang up the dialer, it hangs and never finishes hanging up. It just sits there, still connected, and says "Hanging Up". The only other issue I have is that I never receive a call. When someone calls in, it rings normally, but the phone never brings up the incoming call screen.

Which leads me to believe that it's a radio firmware issue.

1: Is this correct?
2: How can I fix this? I have T-Mobile now, and have a good piece of hardware (that's totally unlocked and rooted). I'd really like to be able to continue using it.

Libra

If I'm not mistaken, the Verizon S4 lacks some of the radio bands that the T-Mobile version would have. This doesn't explain the weird no-hanging-up issue you're seeing though. What "baseband" version do you see when you go to settings->about phone->baseband
6th May 2014, 09:09 PM   |  #3  
OP Member

41 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayemiller

If I'm not mistaken, the Verizon S4 lacks some of the radio bands that the T-Mobile version would have. This doesn't explain the weird no-hanging-up issue you're seeing though. What "baseband" version do you see when you go to settings->about phone->baseband

Yea, that was I was beginning to suspect. I've got MDK for my baseband
6th May 2014, 09:22 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 81

151 posts
Quote:

Yea, that was I was beginning to suspect. I've got MDK for my baseband

Try updating your modem, either I545VRUEMK2_modem.zip or I545VRUFNC5_modem.zip. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2487298
The Following User Says Thank You to Oishikatta For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th May 2014, 10:07 PM   |  #5  
OP Member

41 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oishikatta

Try updating your modem, either I545VRUEMK2_modem.zip or I545VRUFNC5_modem.zip. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2487298

Flashed both modems, and same issues (though the random crasshes I was seeing of services/keyboard etc have disappeared now). I flashed a random NC2 rom, and everything worked as expected (dialer, etc) but it was full of the stock UI from Samsung. Not certain if that helps to narrow things down. I've been testing with the CM11 nightly from May 6

Below is a screenshot of what happens.. it literally just freezes at the "Hanging Up..." screen. None of the other buttons on the bottom row (dialer, mute, etc) are responsive, either. I never get an incoming call, either, despite it ringing from the other end/going to voicemail after the ring timeout.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-05-06-16-02-27.png
Views:	22
Size:	116.0 KB
ID:	2729499
6th May 2014, 10:11 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 81

151 posts
Quote:

Flashed both modems, and same issues (though the random crasshes I was seeing of services/keyboard etc have disappeared now). I flashed a random NC2 rom, and everything worked as expected (dialer, etc) but it was full of the stock UI from Samsung. Not certain if that helps to narrow things down. I've been testing with the CM11 nightly from May 6

Below is a screenshot of what happens.. it literally just freezes at the "Hanging Up..." screen. None of the other buttons on the bottom row (dialer, mute, etc) are responsive, either. I never get an incoming call, either, despite it ringing from the other end/going to voicemail after the ring timeout.

Attachment 2729499

If a stock rom worked, you might try the GPE rom: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2643031
The Following User Says Thank You to Oishikatta For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
carrier switching, t-mobile, verizon
Previous Thread Next Thread