Micromax Yureka: Indian Handset with CyanogenMod

Thesoap opera involving Cyanogen Inc., OnePlus, and Micromax is one of the most talked about … more

Chainfire Turns Your Bootanimation into a Logging Center

Having a nice boot animation certainly adds a little bit of aesthetic polish to your … more

Android TV Launcher Pushed to Google Play

Over the past decade, the tech universe has seen two drastic and widely contrasting changes with … more

Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Cannot update my i747

OP bennyc1213

5th May 2014, 05:52 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
More
Hello all,

I had my s3 rooted, and unlocked with stock ROM. And I think I've also freeze my "AT&T Software Update" a while ago, so it was stuck on 4.1.1. Now, I would like to update my firmware to 4.3 or newer, and stay stock. I tried to go to the setting and select Software update, but nothing happen. I've also tried to find that "AT&T Software Update" in Titanium Pro, but have no result. Can anyone point me to the right direction on how I can do it?

Thanks
5th May 2014, 06:01 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 62

390 posts
You can't update if you're rooted
So in order to update you need to unroot or just download the 4.3 firmware and flash thru Odin

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
5th May 2014, 08:39 PM   |  #3  
Atlanta, GA
Thanks Meter: 75

363 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bennyc1213

Hello all,

I had my s3 rooted, and unlocked with stock ROM. And I think I've also freeze my "AT&T Software Update" a while ago, so it was stuck on 4.1.1. Now, I would like to update my firmware to 4.3 or newer, and stay stock. I tried to go to the setting and select Software update, but nothing happen. I've also tried to find that "AT&T Software Update" in Titanium Pro, but have no result. Can anyone point me to the right direction on how I can do it?

Thanks

You can do a 2-step manual update from 4.1.1 to 4.1.2 and then to 4.3. Please go to page 300 of the thread below to see my steers to another user on exactly the same issue.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...49043&page=300
5th May 2014, 08:58 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry2999

You can do a 2-step manual update from 4.1.1 to 4.1.2 and then to 4.3. Please go to page 300 of the thread below to see my steers to another user on exactly the same issue.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...49043&page=300

Thanks Larry. That's a really helpful information. One question though, if I do these manual update, am I expecting all data will be gone? Or will it simply update the firmware, and leave everything alone?

Thanks again
5th May 2014, 09:58 PM   |  #5  
Toronto
Thanks Meter: 994

3,143 posts
Updating to a stock 4.3 ROM will install Knox too. Rooting will trip the Knox counter. If you have no warranty on your phone, this will not be a problem.
lo
You should also know that Knox can sometimes interfere with obtaining root. Once you're on a 4.3 bootloader, you cannot downgrade the bootloader.
6th May 2014, 12:05 AM   |  #6  
Atlanta, GA
Thanks Meter: 75

363 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bennyc1213

Thanks Larry. That's a really helpful information. One question though, if I do these manual update, am I expecting all data will be gone? Or will it simply update the firmware, and leave everything alone?

Thanks again

I should have mentioned that earlier. Yes, updating can affect all your data so I would advise you first back up your data. You can install Samsung Kies on your phone and use this to back up your data, apps and everything else you want and restore afterwards. Please see also Audit's post. Updating to the latest firmware which is 4.3 could be a one-way trip and will install Knox security on your phone. The update will unroot your phone, restore to factory settings and install stock recovery. If you decide to re-root afterwards, however, there are several ways of doing this.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread