Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,713 Members 38,842 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Aroma installer sometimes works and sometimes doesn't why?

Tip us?

olokos
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 1124

DONATE TO ME
Default [Q] Aroma installer sometimes works and sometimes doesn't why?

Hi,

I'm using latest aroma installer for my volume mod posted here. I uploaded it and it worked great, but later I realised that it doesnt work on some recoveries/kernels and I have no idea why. I've read the rules and this board is for me. I actually want to learn WHY it sometimes didn't work and what I've done wrong. Also some tips on how do I add a new menu (not a new checkbox etc.).

I've tried to understand it myself, but I couldn't.

Thanks for any help.
My work on xda and things I'm proud of:

If you want me to reply then please quote my post or mention me by writing @olokos. This way you can be sure I'll reply.
Away on 2 weeks holidays where I barely get to use the internet there. Will be back past 02.09.2014

olokos
Old
Thanks Meter 1124

DONATE TO ME
bumpy

If you want me to reply then please quote my post or mention me by writing @olokos. This way you can be sure I'll reply.
Away on 2 weeks holidays where I barely get to use the internet there. Will be back past 02.09.2014

Nasheich Xfiles
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1868

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by olokos View Post
bumpy
in my case, it's cause by the recovery,
try to change/upgrade your recovery to the latest version, i suggest clockworldmod, it's works fine on my aroma

Indonesian Developer

From Indonesia, to peoples around the world..

My Contributions on XDA
Roms, Guides, Apps, etc

Connect with me...

NFC destroyer for any roms

olokos
Old
Thanks Meter 1124

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by nasheich View Post
in my case, it's cause by the recovery,
try to change/upgrade your recovery to the latest version, i suggest clockworldmod, it's works fine on my aroma
Well, it's meant to be as compatible as it could possibly get. I've tried changing updater-binary-installer and the next version of my mod is up and it should work properly now. I'll post here again if the issue would still be here.

Wysłane z mojego C6903 przy użyciu Tapatalka

olokos
Old
Thanks Meter 1124

DONATE TO ME
@Troubadour666 could you please reply here to my question in the collaboration section? 😃

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Troubadour666
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4888
Quote:
@Troubadour666 could you please reply here to my question in the collaboration section? 😃

Yes,

Hi,

i see in your updater-script, some lines with

if file_getprop("/tmp/aroma-data/menu.prop","selected") == "1" then

and

if file_getprop("/tmp/aroma/window1.prop","selected.1.1.1.1") == "1" then

did you try to use to /aroma-data/ instead of /aroma/ , in all lines.
open your eyes or clear them to decrypt yellow color and CLICK
DualBoot Method INSIDE 4.1.2/4.4.2
Some friend called me "MASTER OF DUALBOOT" so what
DorimanX 8.43v76 or @stanTRC recovery too
More your posts are detailled, better the reply will help you !
We need each other to rise !
The Following User Says Thank You to Troubadour666 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

olokos
Old
Thanks Meter 1124

DONATE TO ME
It still fails to flash
Uploaded a new zip with the modifications you advised me.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Z1 volume mod 2.6 JB&KK AROMA.zip - [Click for QR Code] (5.18 MB, 1 views)

The Following User Says Thank You to olokos For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Troubadour666
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4888
Quote:
It still fails to flash
Uploaded a new zip with the modifications you advised me.
i made updater-script like this, in attachments....following aroma choices for window1.prop

i remove "package extract" line in each case, i want just to show you how i manage checkbox() choice in updater-script. selected.1 or selected.2 and ...

i dont understand well why we have selected.1.5.2.1 ....or any other selected.1.2.1.3....how many numbers do you use ? i never see that....

thats why i show how i use it on my side.

thanks.
Attached Files
File Type: txt updater-script.txt - [Click for QR Code] (2.1 KB, 6 views)
open your eyes or clear them to decrypt yellow color and CLICK
DualBoot Method INSIDE 4.1.2/4.4.2
Some friend called me "MASTER OF DUALBOOT" so what
DorimanX 8.43v76 or @stanTRC recovery too
More your posts are detailled, better the reply will help you !
We need each other to rise !
The Following User Says Thank You to Troubadour666 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

olokos
Old
(Last edited by olokos; 17th June 2014 at 10:42 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1124

DONATE TO ME
I'm using numbers 1-5,11 I believe. Each number from 1-5 is each level of volume going from quiet to DEAF and 11 is revert to stock.
I used a guide for this AROMA installer and I did not really understood how should I modify the updater-script, but I think I did well with aroma-config.
I also don't understand how do I create a checkbox instead of the dots choice, could you give me a example of this code or something in that matter?

I do see this

Code:
#	"ABOUT YOURSELF",     "",                                                            2,      #-- group 1
#	"I AM A REAL DEV",    "IF YOU ARE THE REAL DEVELOPER",                               0,      #-- item.1.1
#	"I AM A NOOBS",       "IF YOU ARE THE REAL NOOBS",                                   0,      #-- item.1.2
#	"I AM XDA-DEVELOPERS","IF YOU HAVE AN ACCOUNT IN XDA-DEVELOPERS.COM",                0,      #-- item.1.3
#	
#	"YOUR PROJECTS",      "",                                                            2,      #-- Group 2
#	"CUSTOM ROM",         "IF YOU MADE A CUSTOM ROM",                                    0,      #-- item.2.1
#	"CUSTOM TROLL",       "IF YOU POST MANY TROLLS IN FORUM",                            0,      #-- item.2.2
#	"CUSTOM TROLL 2",     "IF YOU BLAH BLAH",                                            0       #-- item.2.3
But I have no idea how can I use this to actually make a change in the file choice along with a dot choice.
What I want is:

Choose your android (dots)
Choose your volume (dots)
Boost earpiece?(checkbox)
Boost speaker?(checkbox)

I managed to somehow setup dotted choice in aroma, but I have literally no idea on how to use dots along with checkboxes :/

Thank you very much for your help, I really apprecieate it.

PS. Damn your script is clean!

olokos
Old
Thanks Meter 1124

DONATE TO ME
@Troubadour666