Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,298 Members 39,651 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Can't factory restore or update phone due to Goomanager/Odin Mode

Tip us?
 
centrixed
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: May 2014
Question [Q] Can't factory restore or update phone due to Goomanager/Odin Mode

Recently tried flashing a ROM on my verizon galaxy s4 with goo manager. It had gotten suck on the "downloading" screen while booting into recovery. I figured out how to get out of that and uninstalled goo manager. Now each time I try to factory reset or update, whenever the phone turns off to reset, it somehow boots into the Downloading/Odin mode and gets stuck... even though goomanager is long deleted. Any help would be fantastic.
 
swrght13
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 13
Posts: 121
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by centrixed View Post
Recently tried flashing a ROM on my verizon galaxy s4 with goo manager. It had gotten suck on the "downloading" screen while booting into recovery. I figured out how to get out of that and uninstalled goo manager. Now each time I try to factory reset or update, whenever the phone turns off to reset, it somehow boots into the Downloading/Odin mode and gets stuck... even though goomanager is long deleted. Any help would be fantastic.
What build are you on?
Phone
Samsung Galaxy S4 SCH-I545
  • Carrier: Verizon
  • Rom: 4.4.2 Hyperdrive 16.1
  • Recovery: Safestrap 3.72

Tablet
Samsung Galaxy Tab2 Wifi P5113
  • Rom: 4.4.2 Slimkat 5
  • Recovery: Philz Touch 6
 
centrixed
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by swrght13 View Post
What build are you on?
I am currently on 4.3 and I have MK2. I am trying to reset my phone to remove all the **** I did to it and I am planning on updating after the reset.


To answer the second question, I am very unfamiliar with flashing and modding phones. I did root it though. I just want to be able to reset it to factory without these interferences.
 
Oishikatta
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 80
Posts: 149
Join Date: Mar 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by centrixed View Post
I am currently on 4.3 and I have MK2. I am trying to reset my phone to remove all the **** I did to it and I am planning on updating after the reset.


To answer the second question, I am very unfamiliar with flashing and modding phones. I did root it though. I just want to be able to reset it to factory without these interferences.
Use the full wipe as shown in the youtube linked above.

Files and directions are here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2578209

Don't use goomanager on your S4 in the future, it only works on the original build.
The Following User Says Thank You to Oishikatta For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
centrixed
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by swrght13 View Post
What build are you on?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oishikatta View Post
Use the full wipe as shown in the youtube linked above.

Files and directions are here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2578209

Don't use goomanager on your S4 in the future, it only works on the original build.
Thanks! I will surely do that
 
decaturbob
Old
#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 804
Posts: 2,357
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Decatur
Quote:
Originally Posted by centrixed View Post
I am currently on 4.3 and I have MK2. I am trying to reset my phone to remove all the **** I did to it and I am planning on updating after the reset.


To answer the second question, I am very unfamiliar with flashing and modding phones. I did root it though. I just want to be able to reset it to factory without these interferences.
you need to research before you attempt to do stuff......you can't use goomanger at all with your baseband. The only way to load any custom rom is thru safestrap and you are limited to safestrap compatible roms only.
so long Verizon and my awesome S4 , hello TMO G3
 
spyder91
Old
#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 7
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by centrixed View Post
Recently tried flashing a ROM on my verizon galaxy s4 with goo manager. It had gotten suck on the "downloading" screen while booting into recovery. I figured out how to get out of that and uninstalled goo manager. Now each time I try to factory reset or update, whenever the phone turns off to reset, it somehow boots into the Downloading/Odin mode and gets stuck... even though goomanager is long deleted. Any help would be fantastic.
Do you know what ROM/baseband you were on prior to trying to flash a ROM? Were you rooted already, or did you try to install over stock? Are you familiar with Odin?

This may help depending on your answers to the above: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GL8Xw...ature=youtu.be
The Following User Says Thank You to spyder91 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Google Glass XE20.1 Update Brings Improved Contacts, Head Nudge, New Cards and Commands

Ever since Google unveiled Android Wear earlier this … more

Remote Control Your Android Device with Monitordroid

The Android OS showsgreat potential in many areas. One of most interesting things that … more

Intel Partners with Unity to Support Android on Intel-Based Devices

Intel, largely known for their long-standing reputation as the king of … more

Device Review: Samsung Gear Live

Recently, Google announced Android Wear to the world. Android Wear is the Android-based initiative from … more