Z2 released on Bell in Canada today

OP shollywood

8th May 2014, 04:16 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 32

299 posts
Can someone upload the firmware from Bell when they get their phone please and thanks?
8th May 2014, 05:28 PM   |  #2  
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 80

344 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shollywood

Can someone upload the firmware from Bell when they get their phone please and thanks?

Got mine :

8th May 2014, 05:58 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

299 posts
Any chance of uploading the firmware?
8th May 2014, 08:01 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 2

49 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CasseTrop

Got mine :

can you tell us what comes with the phone? Does it include noise cancelling headphones?
8th May 2014, 08:50 PM   |  #5  
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 80

344 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raggi01

can you tell us what comes with the phone? Does it include noise cancelling headphones?

It comes with ****ty first gen iphone style headphones (mine are black) and the wall charger + usb cable.

No dock, no nice headphones. FFUUUU SONY/BELL
8th May 2014, 10:36 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member

299 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CasseTrop

It comes with ****ty first gen iphone style headphones (mine are black) and the wall charger + usb cable.

No dock, no nice headphones. FFUUUU SONY/BELL

Glad I didnt wait then..mine has dock and noise cancelling but not from Canada
9th May 2014, 02:20 AM   |  #7  
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 1,125

1,415 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shollywood

Glad I didnt wait then..mine has dock and noise cancelling but not from Canada

Where did you order it from?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
2nd June 2014, 06:22 AM   |  #8  
Flag Saint Stephen
Thanks Meter: 24

294 posts
More
Warning: DO NOT put the phone in water. Use it only as a safety feature if the phone gets in water by accident at least if you're on Bell in Canada anyway. I submerged my phone in about and inch of water and then noticed the camera was full of moisture and thus useless. I contacted Sony and they told me to take it back to where I bought it from. I did and they wouldn't do anything. They said it shouldn't have been put in water. I argued with them and showed them the poster they had in the store that said you could use it in the water. They told me I had to contact Sony for anything like that. Well I contacted Sony again and after taking some time they told me they could not help me due to contractual obligations between Sony and Bell that they couldn't work on any phones sold through Bell. They told me to contact Bell. I contacted Bell and had to talk to a bunch of reps until I finally got escalated to a supervisor. They told me the warranty didn't cover this stuff. I again brought up their own advertising and one rep admitted it was faulty. I explained to them what the IP rating meant but they still repeated they couldn't replace or fix the phone. I ended up talking to a head supervisor who made me an offer of a $125 (one months service) credit on my account. I ended up agreeing because I had no other options. Ended up buying a Nexus 5 outright from another company and am using that now. I prefer it actually anyway. Going to try and sell my Z2 to someone who might not care about the camera and maybe the moisture will clear. So use this as a warning to be careful. I won't buy from T-Booth Mobile ever again and don't think I'll be getting another Sony again. I'd switch from Bell if not on a freshly signed 2 year contract.

Sent From My Nexus 5
The Following User Says Thank You to acheney1990 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd June 2014, 12:41 PM   |  #9  
Flag Dallas
Thanks Meter: 47

384 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by acheney1990

Warning: DO NOT put the phone in water. They told me I had to contact Sony for anything like that. Well I contacted Sony again and after taking some time they told me they could not help me due to contractual obligations between Sony and Bell that they couldn't work on any phones sold through Bell. They told me to contact Bell.

I hear you! I had a problem with my old Z1 (Bell model) and I too was ping-ponged back and forth from Sony to Bell. Apparently ALL Bell registered Xperia IMEI's have to be serviced by Bell, Sony won't accept RMAs for those units.

At the end of my ordeal, I gave up working with Bell and just bought an unlocked model.
The Following User Says Thank You to enrique71 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd June 2014, 02:30 PM   |  #10  
Flag Saint Stephen
Thanks Meter: 24

294 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by enrique71

I hear you! I had a problem with my old Z1 (Bell model) and I too was ping-ponged back and forth from Sony to Bell. Apparently ALL Bell registered Xperia IMEI's have to be serviced by Bell, Sony won't accept RMAs for those units.

At the end of my ordeal, I gave up working with Bell and just bought an unlocked model.

Yup I ended up buying a Nexus 5 off contract. Once the contract is up I'm switching from Bell.

Sent From My Nexus 5
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread