Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,563 Members 45,154 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] blue screen tint?

Tip us?

jazz995756
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 139
Default [Q] blue screen tint?

I barely got my lg flex but the first thing i noticed was when my phone shows white images they has a light blue/greenish tint to it. I just came from the lg g2 and it displayed white images better is this normal or is it my phone.

Sent from my LG-LS995 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to jazz995756 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

skyli91
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazz995756 View Post
I barely got my lg flex but the first thing i noticed was when my phone shows white images they has a light blue/greenish tint to it. I just came from the lg g2 and it displayed white images better is this normal or is it my phone.

Sent from my LG-LS995 using XDA Free mobile app
I dont have G-Flex yet, but on my old Galaxy S, I was able to calibrate the screen with an app called voodoo color. I hope there is a screen adjuster app for the G-flex too or i hope ther will be
The Following User Says Thank You to skyli91 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

hands0m3
Old
Thanks Meter 15
I dont have the blu tint anymore ever since the kk update

Sent from my LG-D950 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to hands0m3 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

will0899
Old
Thanks Meter 41
Never noticed it when i had jb but there were some users that had it and exchanged their phones. I guess there is a handfull out there. Might want to look at the early threads.

Sent from my LG-D959 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to will0899 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

osifervic
Old
Thanks Meter 8
I have a LG G Flex and my screen has the blue tint. It is especially noticeable on the top part of the screen and is blotchy blue. The bluish tint goes along the top of screen towards the right of screen about a quarter way down . Other than the bluish blotchy area I described ,the rest of the screen is white.

My phone is set at 50% brightness. At 100% brightness the blueish tint isn't as dark and is barely noticeable.

I have read of others having same issue. If you Google it you will read lots of complaints about the bluish tint in different areas of screen from the top to the bottom.

I bought my phone about 7 days ago at Best Buy.

I had upgraded to Android 4.4.2 on At&t. I Had considered possibly exchanging it for another one but I think bluish tint may be normal.

Sent from my HTC0P3P7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

osifervic
Old
Thanks Meter 8
.... I have attached 3 photos in which I had tried my best to capture the bluish tint on white screen background. I hope this helps

Sent from my HTC0P3P7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1399863902787.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	65.6 KB
ID:	2738961   Click image for larger version

Name:	1399863934726.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	54.4 KB
ID:	2738963   Click image for larger version

Name:	1399863990037.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	42.6 KB
ID:	2738965  

podagee
Old
Thanks Meter 245
Since last saturday i havent seen any Blue screen.
AT&T LG G2(Black)-SOLD
AT&T LG G-Flex-completely stock
"Its not the device....its operator error."

The Following User Says Thank You to podagee For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Visa Declined
Old
Thanks Meter 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by osifervic View Post
.... I have attached 3 photos in which I had tried my best to capture the bluish tint on white screen background. I hope this helps
Wow that's strange. I'm absolutely positive that there's a lot of screen variances between these devices. The G Flex on display in my T-Mobile store had an extremely grey look to it, even on 100% brightness. My screen isn't like that, although it's not as white as an LCD, I'm extremely happy with it.

I just took these 2 pictures with my Nexus 5, one with the flash off and another with the flash on.

Asking for Thank You's in your signature is retarded.
The Following User Says Thank You to Visa Declined For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

wase4711
Old
Thanks Meter 3456

DONATE TO ME
agreed; I have had 3 gflex's; the first 2 were perfect white screens, no ghosting; my current one is bad, lots of blue tint, and lots of ghosting..
LG Flex
HTC One Maxx
Samsung Note2
Samsung Note
Samsung S3
HTC Evo 3d
HTC Evo 4g
Samsung G2
IBones 3,4
Palm Treo
PPC 6700
HP IPAQ
Moto StarTac's, several
BlackBerry's, several
and on and on...
The Following User Says Thank You to wase4711 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

osifervic
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Yours looks way better than mine. I wonder if I should take mine back. I'm worried I might get one that's even worse than my current phone... Thanks for posting the pictures!!😊

Sent from my LG-D950 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to osifervic For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]