Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,458 Members 48,026 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

My ASUS Transfrmer TF300T tab is dead

Tip us?

opamx
Old
(Last edited by opamx; 11th May 2014 at 12:05 AM.) Reason: Forgetting some details
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default My ASUS Transfrmer TF300T tab is dead

Hello friends, I bought the ASUS Transformer Pad 300T and just a week later I had the great idea of instal TWRP for installing my appreciate CM11, but when I installed TWRP and I was abut to install the CM11, I see:

E:Unable to mount '/data' (tw_mount)
E:failed to mount /data (no such file or directory)

When I saw that messages I entered in panic and I wiped all
I'm afraid I'll have to send it to repair, and the fill will hurt. So I hope somebody help me. I'll upload a photo soon.
Thanks.

cmendonc2
Old
Thanks Meter 372
Quote:
Originally Posted by opamx View Post
Hello friends, I bought the ASUS Transformer Pad 300T and just a week later I had the great idea of instal TWRP for installing my appreciate CM11, but when I installed TWRP and I was abut to install the CM11, I see:

E:Unable to mount '/data' (tw_mount)
E:failed to mount /data (no such file or directory)

When I saw that messages I entered in panic and I wiped all
I'm afraid I'll have to send it to repair, and the fill will hurt. So I hope somebody help me. I'll upload a photo soon.
Thanks.
In what way did you wipe it? From the bootloader or from TWRP?
My Devices:

[Retired] Nook Color (CM10)

LG Optimus Dynamic II L39C (Stock, rooted)

Asus Tf300t (CM11)

Transformers: Install NvFlash for JellyBean Transformer bootloader to become unbrickable HERE Guide: Here!
Wantfree phone and tablet accessories or Google Play gift cards? Go HERE

opamx
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmendonc2 View Post
In what way did you wipe it? From the bootloader or from TWRP?
I wiped the rom, in the site I downloaded the TWRP the instructions were to install the rom after cleaning cache, next I wiped the rom I searched for another recovery and I read this version is dangerous becouse it dont have any security advisements in the old posts, and if I wipe with that recovery y couldnt repair it becuse it dont have ADB or other methods for flashing another recvery.

cmendonc2
Old
Thanks Meter 372
Quote:
I wiped the rom, in the site I downloaded the TWRP the instructions were to install the rom after cleaning cache, next I wiped the rom I searched for another recovery and I read this version is dangerous becouse it dont have any security advisements in the old posts, and if I wipe with that recovery y couldnt repair it becuse it dont have ADB or other methods for flashing another recvery.
So does the TWRP still work? You can put a ROM on the SDcard and flash it from there.
My Devices:

Asus Tf300t (CM11)

Transformers: Install NvFlash for JellyBean Transformer bootloader to become unbrickable HERE Guide: Here!

ApexPredatorBoids
Old
Thanks Meter 74
I think I'm in a similar boat with the OP. I'm getting rid of this intensely disappointing tablet in the next day or two. I booted into TWRP and selected the "Wipe Data" option, figuring that it'd be a good move to hand it over to new owner without any traces of my personal data on it. Well, since formatting it, I can't get Android to fully boot up. I installed PACman and Gapps from a microSD card, but it never gets past the splash screen where it says "LOADING". I really need to get this POS up and running ASAP, preferably with the least possible amount of downloading involved. My connection just got throttled down, so I'm hoping I don't have to download any huge programs. Any ideas?
Current Device: Virgin Mobile HTC Evo V
-S-Off
-Hboot 1.04
-4EXT Recovery

opamx
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default But...

But the recovery can't mount /data folder and I can't install anything.

cmendonc2
Old
Thanks Meter 372
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexPredatorBoids View Post
I think I'm in a similar boat with the OP. I'm getting rid of this intensely disappointing tablet in the next day or two. I booted into TWRP and selected the "Wipe Data" option, figuring that it'd be a good move to hand it over to new owner without any traces of my personal data on it. Well, since formatting it, I can't get Android to fully boot up. I installed PACman and Gapps from a microSD card, but it never gets past the splash screen where it says "LOADING". I really need to get this POS up and running ASAP, preferably with the least possible amount of downloading involved. My connection just got throttled down, so I'm hoping I don't have to download any huge programs. Any ideas?
What bootloader version do you have and what twrp version?

---------- Post added at 11:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 AM ----------

Quote:
But the recovery can't mount /data folder and I can't install anything.
Did you try umounting everything and remounting everything in the twrp settings?
My Devices:

Asus Tf300t (CM11)