MultiROM Makes its Way Over to the HTC One (M8)

While browsing our forum, you will undoubtedly find more than a few enticing ROMs available … more

Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more

An Android Enthusiast’s Apple iPhone 6 Challenge

The media has gone batty again over Apple “revolutionizing” smartphones. … more

Sony to Extend its AOSP Program to Other Devices

Sony will be offering its users the possibility to use AOSP ROMs as an alternative to the … more

My ASUS Transfrmer TF300T tab is dead

10th May 2014, 11:58 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Dos Hermanas
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
Hello friends, I bought the ASUS Transformer Pad 300T and just a week later I had the great idea of instal TWRP for installing my appreciate CM11, but when I installed TWRP and I was abut to install the CM11, I see:

E:Unable to mount '/data' (tw_mount)
E:failed to mount /data (no such file or directory)

When I saw that messages I entered in panic and I wiped all
I'm afraid I'll have to send it to repair, and the fill will hurt. So I hope somebody help me. I'll upload a photo soon.
Thanks.
Last edited by opamx; 11th May 2014 at 12:05 AM. Reason: Forgetting some details
16th May 2014, 02:42 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 375

1,066 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by opamx

Hello friends, I bought the ASUS Transformer Pad 300T and just a week later I had the great idea of instal TWRP for installing my appreciate CM11, but when I installed TWRP and I was abut to install the CM11, I see:

E:Unable to mount '/data' (tw_mount)
E:failed to mount /data (no such file or directory)

When I saw that messages I entered in panic and I wiped all
I'm afraid I'll have to send it to repair, and the fill will hurt. So I hope somebody help me. I'll upload a photo soon.
Thanks.

In what way did you wipe it? From the bootloader or from TWRP?
16th May 2014, 02:57 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Dos Hermanas

6 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmendonc2

In what way did you wipe it? From the bootloader or from TWRP?

I wiped the rom, in the site I downloaded the TWRP the instructions were to install the rom after cleaning cache, next I wiped the rom I searched for another recovery and I read this version is dangerous becouse it dont have any security advisements in the old posts, and if I wipe with that recovery y couldnt repair it becuse it dont have ADB or other methods for flashing another recvery.
19th May 2014, 04:01 AM   |  #4  

1,066 posts
Quote:

I wiped the rom, in the site I downloaded the TWRP the instructions were to install the rom after cleaning cache, next I wiped the rom I searched for another recovery and I read this version is dangerous becouse it dont have any security advisements in the old posts, and if I wipe with that recovery y couldnt repair it becuse it dont have ADB or other methods for flashing another recvery.

So does the TWRP still work? You can put a ROM on the SDcard and flash it from there.
20th May 2014, 08:00 PM   |  #5  
Flag Lancaster, Pa
Thanks Meter: 74

168 posts
More
I think I'm in a similar boat with the OP. I'm getting rid of this intensely disappointing tablet in the next day or two. I booted into TWRP and selected the "Wipe Data" option, figuring that it'd be a good move to hand it over to new owner without any traces of my personal data on it. Well, since formatting it, I can't get Android to fully boot up. I installed PACman and Gapps from a microSD card, but it never gets past the splash screen where it says "LOADING". I really need to get this POS up and running ASAP, preferably with the least possible amount of downloading involved. My connection just got throttled down, so I'm hoping I don't have to download any huge programs. Any ideas?
8th September 2014, 10:45 AM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member
Flag Dos Hermanas

6 posts
But...
But the recovery can't mount /data folder and I can't install anything.
8th September 2014, 04:25 PM   |  #7  

1,066 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexPredatorBoids

I think I'm in a similar boat with the OP. I'm getting rid of this intensely disappointing tablet in the next day or two. I booted into TWRP and selected the "Wipe Data" option, figuring that it'd be a good move to hand it over to new owner without any traces of my personal data on it. Well, since formatting it, I can't get Android to fully boot up. I installed PACman and Gapps from a microSD card, but it never gets past the splash screen where it says "LOADING". I really need to get this POS up and running ASAP, preferably with the least possible amount of downloading involved. My connection just got throttled down, so I'm hoping I don't have to download any huge programs. Any ideas?

What bootloader version do you have and what twrp version?

---------- Post added at 11:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 AM ----------

Quote:

But the recovery can't mount /data folder and I can't install anything.

Did you try umounting everything and remounting everything in the twrp settings?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread