Track the Time You Waste on Social Media with Socials Addict

When you use your phone, you often don’t even realize how much time you … more

Document the Story of Your Social Life with 8tory

The different forms of social media are growing every day. It’s hard to imagine a day … more

Make Calling Your Loved Ones Easier and Cheaper this Diwali

Diwali, or Deepawali as some Indians call it, is the pride and joy of Indian … more

Big Android BBQ 5.0 Recap – XDA TV

This fifth annual Big Android BBQ has come and gone. The speakers have spoke, the sponsors have … more
Post Reply

[Q] Camera sound on GT-N7000

OP sacentre

11th May 2014, 08:29 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
127 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
Can anyone suggest why I no longer get the camera shutter sound? It doesn't work with the stock camera app (I mean the one that comes with the ROM I'm using) or third party ones. I can't find any settings disabled.

I recently had a repair done at Samsung which involved replacing the motherboard. I didn't test every single setting and function when I got it back so am tempted to assume it is related to the repair but I could be wrong.

The camera is rooted and I'm using the Ultimate XXLT4 JB 4.1.2 v6

Thanks in advance

Trevor
12th May 2014, 05:26 AM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
127 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
Camera shutter sound adendum
Has no one else come across this? Most posts about the shutter sound are about how to turn it off so I guess my problem is unique. I checked that the /system/media/audio/ui/shuter.ogg file is there. It is and I can play it manually with the stock music player. Other than that, I've no idea how to fix this. All othet system sounds and alerts sem to work ok.

I'm still hoping some expert out there can help.
Trevor
12th May 2014, 05:40 AM   |  #3  
Jackwu696's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Jakarta City
Thanks Meter: 517
 
838 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sacentre

Has no one else come across this? Most posts about the shutter sound are about how to turn it off so I guess my problem is unique. I checked that the /system/media/audio/ui/shuter.ogg file is there. It is and I can play it manually with the stock music player. Other than that, I've no idea how to fix this. All othet system sounds and alerts sem to work ok.

I'm still hoping some expert out there can help.
Trevor

Hello. When you mean you don't get a shutter sound, does that mean that in camera/setting/shutter sound already enabled but no sound? please note that music or notification volume level (I forgot which one) also play a part. If your volume level is 0 or very low, the sound will not be heard. This was a trick to eliminate shutter shound back in the days when the option to disable is not there.
12th May 2014, 06:13 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
127 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackwu696

Hello. When you mean you don't get a shutter sound, does that mean that in camera/setting/shutter sound already enabled but no sound? please note that music or notification volume level (I forgot which one) also play a part. If your volume level is 0 or very low, the sound will not be heard. This was a trick to eliminate shutter shound back in the days when the option to disable is not there.

Thanks for replying. This was the first thing I checked.

There's no option to enable/ disable shutter sound in the stock camera app I'm using and I imagine this is why so many people were asking how to disable the sound. Can't recall if I ever saw that in the settings menu. I also have an app called CameraPro which has an Enable Shutter Sound. This is enabled but , makes no difference. It's possible I'm using an older version of the stock cameras app but it seems to me this is not the cause as it makes no difference which camera app I use.

Thanks again.
Trevor
12th May 2014, 02:53 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
127 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
Camera shutter problem fixed
Quote:
Originally Posted by sacentre

Thanks for replying. This was the first thing I checked.

There's no option to enable/ disable shutter sound in the stock camera app I'm using and I imagine this is why so many people were asking how to disable the sound. Can't recall if I ever saw that in the settings menu. I also have an app called CameraPro which has an Enable Shutter Sound. This is enabled but , makes no difference. It's possible I'm using an older version of the stock cameras app but it seems to me this is not the cause as it makes no difference which camera app I use.

Thanks again.
Trevor

I managed to fix this by installing the jobnik_Camera_Note_JB_Mod_v8_cwm.zip.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1863362

Now both my camera apps have shutter sound enabled. Still don't know what happened since the previous version of the app worked fine before but that's often the way with computers: just happy to fix the problem in the end.

Thanks
Last edited by sacentre; 12th May 2014 at 02:56 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to sacentre For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th May 2014, 07:59 AM   |  #6  
Kael ruch's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Dhaka
Thanks Meter: 7
 
190 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by sacentre

I managed to fix this by installing the jobnik_Camera_Note_JB_Mod_v8_cwm.zip.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1863362

Now both my camera apps have shutter sound enabled. Still don't know what happened since the previous version of the app worked fine before but that's often the way with computers: just happy to fix the problem in the end.

Thanks

Thank you so much.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes