Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,011 Members 38,942 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] HELP: Xperia M dual - "Type password to decrypt storage"

Tip us?

catch148
Old
(Last edited by catch148; 12th May 2014 at 08:41 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] HELP: Xperia M dual - "Type password to decrypt storage"

Dear Sirs

I am new to this forum and this is my first post.
I purchased sony Speria M Dual in Dec 2013.
In the month of march 2014, Phone developed a bug. One morning, when i switched on the phone after charging, phone is showing following message " Type password to decrypt storage". However, i had not set any password.
Then i took this phone to service center in Mumbai. After 15-20 days, they informed me that phone's mother board is locked and they have to change the motherboard to correct this error. And they also informed that changing mother board does not fall under WARRANTY. So they refused to solve the problem.

Phone is not rooted, Bootloader is locked. Phone is running on stock firmware...i think 4.1.2

I have tried flashing the phone thru PC companion ...but it says "update unsuccessful".
I have tried flashtool also...but again not successful.
Phone is not entering into Recovery mode.

I request you to help in resolving this problem

Regards
Kapil

itsnie
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Common problems disappear when flashing hh use flashtool.

Can you give me log in flashtool?

Sory for my engelish

elmkzgirxp
Old
Thanks Meter 30
That's nonsense! They're just basically going after the money. You don't have to replace the motherboard, that's rubbish. All you have to do is to download Flashtool by Androxyde, make sure that you have installed the proper drivers, download any FTF from the Android Development section that suits you, then flash it. If you need a more detailed explanation, then just reply...

catch148
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by elmkzgirxp View Post
That's nonsense! They're just basically going after the money. You don't have to replace the motherboard, that's rubbish. All you have to do is to download Flashtool by Androxyde, make sure that you have installed the proper drivers, download any FTF from the Android Development section that suits you, then flash it. If you need a more detailed explanation, then just reply...
Sir, i have tried this method, but it gives an error ....i will post the exact error as soon as possible.
The Following User Says Thank You to catch148 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

paper13579
Old
Thanks Meter 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by catch148 View Post
Sir, i have tried this method, but it gives an error ....i will post the exact error as soon as possible.
Yes, please do post your log fron flashtool. what sony has said is a load of bullcrap, the warranty should cover it, your phone is faulty. Just for my own curiosity, do you have the adb drivers for your phone installed? And also which drivers did you install from the drivers folder in flashtool?

Sent from my C2004 using Tapatalk
Press Thanks If I Helped

catch148
Old
(Last edited by catch148; 13th May 2014 at 04:42 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Dear Sirs

log of flashtool is as per attached file.
Plz look into it and let me know why i am not able to flash

Regards
Kapil
Attached Files
File Type: docx sony.docx - [Click for QR Code] (272.8 KB, 39 views)

catch148
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by paper13579 View Post
Yes, please do post your log fron flashtool. what sony has said is a load of bullcrap, the warranty should cover it, your phone is faulty. Just for my own curiosity, do you have the adb drivers for your phone installed? And also which drivers did you install from the drivers folder in flashtool?

Sent from my C2004 using Tapatalk
Sir

I have installed ADB_Nicky driver
From Flashtool driver folder, i installed 1)flashmode driver 2) fastboot driver 3) common driver for Nicky board Xperia m

Kapil

gamer649
Old
Thanks Meter 298

DONATE TO ME
Okay, from the log it shows it can't flash the kernel from the ftf. Download a 4.2.2 ftf (the one for your device, 4.1.2 is for the single SIM) or a 4.3 ftf for the dual SIM and try flashing them. Post the logs, preferably in text format rather than picture format, if you get more errors.

Sent from my C1905 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
My Devices:
My Phone: Sony Xperia M C1905 | ROM: Modified Stock | Base Firmware/Build Number: 15.4.A.0.23 | Android Version: 4.3 | Kernel: Stock (Permanently Locked Bootloader) | Network: GiffGaff
My Tablet: Google Nexus 7 (2012) | ROM: CM11 | Base Firmware/Build Number: 11-20140527-NIGHTLY-grouper | Android Version: 4.4.4 | Kernel: CM11 | Network: N/A

catch148
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default 48 42355423

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamer649 View Post
Okay, from the log it shows it can't flash the kernel from the ftf. Download a 4.2.2 ftf (the one for your device, 4.1.2 is for the single SIM) or a 4.3 ftf for the dual SIM and try flashing them. Post the logs, preferably in text format rather than picture format, if you get more errors.

Sent from my C1905 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Thanks Sir, will do the same and update you

paper13579
Old
Thanks Meter 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by catch148 View Post
Thanks Sir, will do the same and update you
Any good news?

Sent from my C2004 using XDA Free mobile app
Press Thanks If I Helped