FORUMS

AOSP 5.1 Lollipop for Nexus Q

Google Nexus Q is an intriguing device released with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. It was abandoned by … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (Apr 17 – 24)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Glimpse Notifications: Easier Lockscreen Notifications

Lollipop brought a revamp to the lockscreen, taking away custom widgets but … more

What Are the Best Looking Apps on Android?

As more developers are updating their apps with Material Design elements, we’re … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] HELP: Xperia M dual - "Type password to decrypt storage"

12th May 2014, 08:20 AM |#1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Dear Sirs

I am new to this forum and this is my first post.
I purchased sony Speria M Dual in Dec 2013.
In the month of march 2014, Phone developed a bug. One morning, when i switched on the phone after charging, phone is showing following message " Type password to decrypt storage". However, i had not set any password.
Then i took this phone to service center in Mumbai. After 15-20 days, they informed me that phone's mother board is locked and they have to change the motherboard to correct this error. And they also informed that changing mother board does not fall under WARRANTY. So they refused to solve the problem.

Phone is not rooted, Bootloader is locked. Phone is running on stock firmware...i think 4.1.2

I have tried flashing the phone thru PC companion ...but it says "update unsuccessful".
I have tried flashtool also...but again not successful.
Phone is not entering into Recovery mode.

I request you to help in resolving this problem

Regards
Kapil
Last edited by catch148; 12th May 2014 at 08:41 AM.
12th May 2014, 10:12 AM |#2  
itsnie's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 42
 
More
Common problems disappear when flashing hh use flashtool.

Can you give me log in flashtool?

Sory for my engelish
12th May 2014, 11:23 AM |#3  
elmkzgirxp's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 56
 
More
That's nonsense! They're just basically going after the money. You don't have to replace the motherboard, that's rubbish. All you have to do is to download Flashtool by Androxyde, make sure that you have installed the proper drivers, download any FTF from the Android Development section that suits you, then flash it. If you need a more detailed explanation, then just reply...
12th May 2014, 11:52 AM |#4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by elmkzgirxp

That's nonsense! They're just basically going after the money. You don't have to replace the motherboard, that's rubbish. All you have to do is to download Flashtool by Androxyde, make sure that you have installed the proper drivers, download any FTF from the Android Development section that suits you, then flash it. If you need a more detailed explanation, then just reply...

Sir, i have tried this method, but it gives an error ....i will post the exact error as soon as possible.
The Following User Says Thank You to catch148 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th May 2014, 12:17 PM |#5  
paper13579's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag dublin
Thanks Meter: 264
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by catch148

Sir, i have tried this method, but it gives an error ....i will post the exact error as soon as possible.

Yes, please do post your log fron flashtool. what sony has said is a load of bullcrap, the warranty should cover it, your phone is faulty. Just for my own curiosity, do you have the adb drivers for your phone installed? And also which drivers did you install from the drivers folder in flashtool?

Sent from my C2004 using Tapatalk
13th May 2014, 04:26 PM |#6  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Dear Sirs

log of flashtool is as per attached file.
Plz look into it and let me know why i am not able to flash

Regards
Kapil
Attached Files
File Type: docx sony.docx - [Click for QR Code] (272.8 KB, 971 views)
Last edited by catch148; 13th May 2014 at 04:42 PM.
13th May 2014, 04:52 PM |#7  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by paper13579

Yes, please do post your log fron flashtool. what sony has said is a load of bullcrap, the warranty should cover it, your phone is faulty. Just for my own curiosity, do you have the adb drivers for your phone installed? And also which drivers did you install from the drivers folder in flashtool?

Sent from my C2004 using Tapatalk

Sir

I have installed ADB_Nicky driver
From Flashtool driver folder, i installed 1)flashmode driver 2) fastboot driver 3) common driver for Nicky board Xperia m

Kapil
16th May 2014, 07:51 AM |#8  
gamer649's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 495
 
Donate to Me
More
Okay, from the log it shows it can't flash the kernel from the ftf. Download a 4.2.2 ftf (the one for your device, 4.1.2 is for the single SIM) or a 4.3 ftf for the dual SIM and try flashing them. Post the logs, preferably in text format rather than picture format, if you get more errors.

Sent from my C1905 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
16th May 2014, 10:54 AM |#9  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
48 42355423
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamer649

Okay, from the log it shows it can't flash the kernel from the ftf. Download a 4.2.2 ftf (the one for your device, 4.1.2 is for the single SIM) or a 4.3 ftf for the dual SIM and try flashing them. Post the logs, preferably in text format rather than picture format, if you get more errors.

Sent from my C1905 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Thanks Sir, will do the same and update you
16th May 2014, 03:51 PM |#10  
paper13579's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag dublin
Thanks Meter: 264
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by catch148

Thanks Sir, will do the same and update you

Any good news?

Sent from my C2004 using XDA Free mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes