Get Your XDA 2015 Custom Avatar and Signature Images Here

As stated in our motto, XDA Developer is for developers, by developers. The … more

Pin Your Photos on Android Lollipop with Photo Pinner

In the last few weeks,we have been talking quite a bit about Android 5.0 Lollipop. This … more

Samsung Galaxy Note Edge Hands On – XDA TV

Perhaps one of the more peculiar announcements this year was the curved edge-screened … more

Nova Launcher Update Brings Lollipop Functionality and Feel

One of the most popular third party launcher on Android, Nova Launcher, has just … more
Post Reply

[Q] SGH-I337, where to start

OP TeChNoC4AzY

12th May 2014, 05:36 PM   |  #1  
TeChNoC4AzY's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Kissimmee
Thanks Meter: 15
 
279 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2013
So my friend has a galaxy s4 that he wants to root, custom recovery, roms.. Etc. So I was wondering where to start? I Have done this to a galaxy note 1. And I know Odin is needed but just would like help with the process for the s4, and possibly links to find what I need. Basically I will be helping with root and flashing a recovery. I know Samsung phones already have a unlocked bootloader. Any help will be thanked!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
12th May 2014, 05:39 PM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 170
 
402 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2013
Everything depends on the current firmware on the phone.

Sent from my SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
12th May 2014, 05:45 PM   |  #3  
scott14719's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 813
 
2,064 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
Read the pinned threads in q&a and general.
12th May 2014, 06:41 PM   |  #4  
TeChNoC4AzY's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Kissimmee
Thanks Meter: 15
 
279 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmjoyas

Everything depends on the current firmware on the phone.

Sent from my SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

The firmware is kitkat.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
12th May 2014, 06:44 PM   |  #5  
jd1639's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Minnetonka, MN
Thanks Meter: 3,523
 
10,223 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeChNoC4AzY

The firmware is kitkat.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Look for the downgrade nb1 in the general forum read it carefully and more than once. Then look for the index all things mk2, nb1, also in the general forum

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
12th May 2014, 06:50 PM   |  #6  
TeChNoC4AzY's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Kissimmee
Thanks Meter: 15
 
279 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1639

Look for the downgrade nb1 in the general forum read it carefully and more than once. Then look for the index all things mk2, nb1, also in the general forum

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

May I have links?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
12th May 2014, 06:53 PM   |  #7  
jd1639's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Minnetonka, MN
Thanks Meter: 3,523
 
10,223 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeChNoC4AzY

May I have links?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

They're on the first page of the general forum

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
12th May 2014, 06:38 PM   |  #8  
jd1639's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Minnetonka, MN
Thanks Meter: 3,523
 
10,223 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeChNoC4AzY

So my friend has a galaxy s4 that he wants to root, custom recovery, roms.. Etc. So I was wondering where to start? I Have done this to a galaxy note 1. And I know Odin is needed but just would like help with the process for the s4, and possibly links to find what I need. Basically I will be helping with root and flashing a recovery. I know Samsung phones already have a unlocked bootloader. Any help will be thanked!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Do a lot of reading in the general forum. At&t i337 never had an unlocked bootloader

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes