FORUMS

Android 5.1.1 Omni ROM For Motorola Xoom

Back in Feb 2011, the Motorola Xoom became the first device to be sold with Android 3.0 … more

CleanSlate Brings Fingerprint Scanner Mod to HTC One M9+

Work of XDA Recognized Developer tbalden, CleanSlate custom kernel for the HTC … more

Sunday Debate: Which Factors Caused HTC’s Woes?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on HTC’s situation. Come with your … more

HTC’s New Ad Campaign And What It Really Means

HTC has just released three new blind test adverts comparing app loading … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hiya.

Recently bought a genuine UK SIM-free/unlocked HTC One (M7) online. Noticed that the Android OS is still stuck to 4.3.

I thought Android 4.4.2 is now available to UK customers for unlocked handsets? And what are the improvements to the phone?


Please advice. Thanks.
12th May 2014, 09:52 PM |#2  
KiraYahiroz's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 78
 
More
Use this app to check your CID: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...soft.cidgetter

What CID does it say? For UK unbranded, unlocked handsets it's HTC__001. I got the update just fine.
The Following User Says Thank You to KiraYahiroz For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th May 2014, 09:19 PM |#3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraYahiroz

Use this app to check your CID: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...soft.cidgetter

What CID does it say? For UK unbranded, unlocked handsets it's HTC__001. I got the update just fine.

My CID is : VODAP001. That seems to suggest it is originally a Vodaphone-locked device but it has been unlocked since.

My i know what's my next move?
13th May 2014, 10:15 PM |#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 25
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gino76ph

My CID is : VODAP001. That seems to suggest it is originally a Vodaphone-locked device but it has been unlocked since.

My i know what's my next move?

Same here, I'm from Croatia and have T-Mobile De version, but still can't update.

I've contacted HTC and they removed 4.4.2. update in some places. They'll roll it out again later, probably with Sense 6. We'll have to be patient until then

---------- Post added at 11:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 PM ----------

But still, call HTC support for UK and let them check your phone (by IMEI) and tell you if you have the "good" version
The Following User Says Thank You to HTC_One_M8_91 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th May 2014, 11:34 AM |#5  
KiraYahiroz's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 78
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gino76ph

My CID is : VODAP001. That seems to suggest it is originally a Vodaphone-locked device but it has been unlocked since.

My i know what's my next move?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrvoje334

Same here, I'm from Croatia and have T-Mobile De version, but still can't update.

I've contacted HTC and they removed 4.4.2. update in some places. They'll roll it out again later, probably with Sense 6. We'll have to be patient until then

---------- Post added at 11:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 PM ----------

But still, call HTC support for UK and let them check your phone (by IMEI) and tell you if you have the "good" version

Reason why both of you don't have the update yet is because your CID and software is locked to the previous carrier, meaning it's up to them to release the update, not HTC.

This will wipe your phone, but it will unbrand your phone if you follow it correctly: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2358738

This basically flashes the unbranded version of the ROM and changing the CID to one that HTC does support, so you'll get updates directly from HTC instead of the carrier.
The Following User Says Thank You to KiraYahiroz For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th May 2014, 05:40 PM |#6  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Sorry but right now i'm not prepared to unbrand the phone as it seems to me its too much of a long & winding process. Seeing the link seems too technical for me.

What i have done instead is ring HTC. Gave them the serial number of the phone and they told me that it IS Vodafone-branded phone. They adviced me to contact Vodafone which i did. The Vodafone support person doesn't seem to have a clue to what i'm saying and seems not familiar to how updates are released. He kept on insisting (based on the circumstances i have presented to him|) that Vodafone has nothing to do with updates. Person sounded stupid really.

I tried a Three and an EE SIM card on the One M7 and it works. So far no updates yet.

I can also confirm that being an unlocked phone it has NO Vodafone branding or logo or apps or bloatware on the phone itself.

So, i'm stuck with a year old phone with a old-gen Android OS.

So...what's next please?
Last edited by Gino76ph; 14th May 2014 at 06:26 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes