Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,749 Members 40,345 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[HELP] Sort of Bricked my GS4

Tip us?

Schoejac000
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [HELP] Sort of Bricked my GS4

Im new to owning an android, and thought it would be a good idea to root and flash a custom rom onto my Sprint Galaxy s4 sph-l720, Not a good idea. I found some good tutorials to flash the stock rom back onto the phone. I've tried every guide and tutorial there is, but everytime, odin fails. I don't know what i am doing wrong, i may be trying to load the wrong firmware, i am not sure. I was on 4.4.2 Kitkat when i flashed my first custom rom onto my phone, my current custom rom is on 4.4.2, This is very frustrating and at the moment, i do not have a working phone until i can get Odin to stop failing. Thanks for reading. Quick replies would be appreciated!

LS.xD
Old
Thanks Meter 585

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoejac000 View Post
Im new to owning an android, and thought it would be a good idea to root and flash a custom rom onto my Sprint Galaxy s4 sph-l720, Not a good idea. I found some good tutorials to flash the stock rom back onto the phone. I've tried every guide and tutorial there is, but everytime, odin fails. I don't know what i am doing wrong, i may be trying to load the wrong firmware, i am not sure. I was on 4.4.2 Kitkat when i flashed my first custom rom onto my phone, my current custom rom is on 4.4.2, This is very frustrating and at the moment, i do not have a working phone until i can get Odin to stop failing. Thanks for reading. Quick replies would be appreciated!

Which firmware version was originally installed on your phone? Have you uninstalled KIES before flashing the firware?
HTC One S @ PAC-man 4.4.2 [ALPHA1] [12/5/2014] + IceCode Kernel v4.0 // HBoot 2.15 - unlocked BL - S-OFF - NO "tampered & warning text" // TWRP mod 2.7.0.8

Samsung Galaxy W @ ParanoidAndroid 4.3 [BETA3] [6/5/2014] + KhaN Kernel v2.0 // Base: I8150XXLMI // PhilZ CWM 6.01.4

"REVIVED" HTC Wildfire S @ CyanogenMod 11(AWESOME!!!) [6/5/2014] //HBoot 1.09 - unlocked BL // TWRP 2.7.0.0

It won't hurt you to press "thanks" if me or someone other helped you...

Schoejac000
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS.xD View Post
Which firmware version was originally installed on your phone? Have you uninstalled KIES before flashing the firware?
Like i said im new to owning an android (had an iphone before), Didn't check before updating it right out of the box. And to be honest i have no idea what KIES... Im a noob, sorry.

LS.xD
Old
(Last edited by LS.xD; 14th May 2014 at 01:33 AM.)
Thanks Meter 585

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoejac000 View Post
Like i said im new to owning an android (had an iphone before), Didn't check before updating it right out of the box. And to be honest i have no idea what KIES... Im a noob, sorry.

KIES = Samsung's Windows application that communicates with you phone to sync files or update the phone.

THIS is the 4.4.2 firmware for Sprint Galaxy S4.
HTC One S @ PAC-man 4.4.2 [ALPHA1] [12/5/2014] + IceCode Kernel v4.0 // HBoot 2.15 - unlocked BL - S-OFF - NO "tampered & warning text" // TWRP mod 2.7.0.8

Samsung Galaxy W @ ParanoidAndroid 4.3 [BETA3] [6/5/2014] + KhaN Kernel v2.0 // Base: I8150XXLMI // PhilZ CWM 6.01.4

"REVIVED" HTC Wildfire S @ CyanogenMod 11(AWESOME!!!) [6/5/2014] //HBoot 1.09 - unlocked BL // TWRP 2.7.0.0

It won't hurt you to press "thanks" if me or someone other helped you...
The Following User Says Thank You to LS.xD For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Schoejac000
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS.xD View Post
KIES = Samsung's Windows application that communicates with you phone to sync files or update the phone.
It's the sprint SPH-l720

Schoejac000
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
[QUOTE=LS.xD;52637933]KIES = Samsung's Windows application that communicates with you phone to sync files or update the phone.

Alright, thank you very much! i will reply if it works or not

Schoejac000
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
[QUOTE=LS.xD;52637933]KIES = Samsung's Windows application that communicates with you phone to sync files or update the phone.

It worked! I cannot thank you enough! Thank you so much