Ask a question

No registration required

[HELP] Sort of Bricked my GS4

OP Schoejac000

14th May 2014, 02:22 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
Im new to owning an android, and thought it would be a good idea to root and flash a custom rom onto my Sprint Galaxy s4 sph-l720, Not a good idea. I found some good tutorials to flash the stock rom back onto the phone. I've tried every guide and tutorial there is, but everytime, odin fails. I don't know what i am doing wrong, i may be trying to load the wrong firmware, i am not sure. I was on 4.4.2 Kitkat when i flashed my first custom rom onto my phone, my current custom rom is on 4.4.2, This is very frustrating and at the moment, i do not have a working phone until i can get Odin to stop failing. Thanks for reading. Quick replies would be appreciated!
14th May 2014, 02:24 AM   |  #2  
Lübeck
Thanks Meter: 591

1,855 posts
Donate to Me
More
Sign
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoejac000

Im new to owning an android, and thought it would be a good idea to root and flash a custom rom onto my Sprint Galaxy s4 sph-l720, Not a good idea. I found some good tutorials to flash the stock rom back onto the phone. I've tried every guide and tutorial there is, but everytime, odin fails. I don't know what i am doing wrong, i may be trying to load the wrong firmware, i am not sure. I was on 4.4.2 Kitkat when i flashed my first custom rom onto my phone, my current custom rom is on 4.4.2, This is very frustrating and at the moment, i do not have a working phone until i can get Odin to stop failing. Thanks for reading. Quick replies would be appreciated!

Which firmware version was originally installed on your phone? Have you uninstalled KIES before flashing the firware?
14th May 2014, 02:27 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS.xD

Which firmware version was originally installed on your phone? Have you uninstalled KIES before flashing the firware?

Like i said im new to owning an android (had an iphone before), Didn't check before updating it right out of the box. And to be honest i have no idea what KIES... Im a noob, sorry.
14th May 2014, 02:30 AM   |  #4  
Lübeck
Thanks Meter: 591

1,855 posts
Donate to Me
More
Info 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoejac000

Like i said im new to owning an android (had an iphone before), Didn't check before updating it right out of the box. And to be honest i have no idea what KIES... Im a noob, sorry.

KIES = Samsung's Windows application that communicates with you phone to sync files or update the phone.

THIS is the 4.4.2 firmware for Sprint Galaxy S4.
Last edited by LS.xD; 14th May 2014 at 02:33 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to LS.xD For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th May 2014, 02:32 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS.xD

KIES = Samsung's Windows application that communicates with you phone to sync files or update the phone.

It's the sprint SPH-l720
14th May 2014, 02:38 AM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
[QUOTE=LS.xD;52637933]KIES = Samsung's Windows application that communicates with you phone to sync files or update the phone.

Alright, thank you very much! i will reply if it works or not
14th May 2014, 04:38 AM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
[QUOTE=LS.xD;52637933]KIES = Samsung's Windows application that communicates with you phone to sync files or update the phone.

It worked! I cannot thank you enough! Thank you so much
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread