Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,477 Members 40,579 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Forcing Sony App Updates

Tip us?
 
goon3r
Old
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 37
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Miami, FL
Default Forcing Sony App Updates

I have D6503 from Taiwan. I'm running the FW 17.1.A.2.69 and I'm trying to figure out why I don't get the option to update the Walkman or Album apps to the latest version. For example, my Album app is currently at 5.4.A.0.24 however a newer version 6.0.A.0.26 is already available (with the new layout). The Walkman app is stuck on version 5.x as well.

Is there something I can do to force the update ? What am I missing here.
 
cr0wnest
Old
#2  
cr0wnest's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 79
Posts: 719
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Singapore
Have you tried launching the Update Center app and search for updates?
 
napkun
Old
#3  
Member
Thanks Meter 40
Posts: 67
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by goon3r View Post
I have D6503 from Taiwan. I'm running the FW 17.1.A.2.69 and I'm trying to figure out why I don't get the option to update the Walkman or Album apps to the latest version. For example, my Album app is currently at 5.4.A.0.24 however a newer version 6.0.A.0.26 is already available (with the new layout). The Walkman app is stuck on version 5.x as well.

Is there something I can do to force the update ? What am I missing here.
I had the same issue with my Z2, from Taiwan also. I was able to update the album app but I wouldn't see any updates for the walkman app. I was able to update the walkman app by downloading the appropriate apk though.
 
goon3r
Old
#4  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 37
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Miami, FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by cr0wnest View Post
Have you tried launching the Update Center app and search for updates?
Yes, several times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by napkun View Post
I had the same issue with my Z2, from Taiwan also. I was able to update the album app but I wouldn't see any updates for the walkman app. I was able to update the walkman app by downloading the appropriate apk though.
Yes, I'm sure I can get the APKs easy enough I just don't get why I have to jump thru hoops for what should be an OTA app update. Can anyone shed some light on this ?

One thing I seem to remember is that when I first turned the phone on, I think there was a pending app update and a system update. The system update seemed to go thru first, the apps obviously did not complete.
 
augie7107
Old
#5  
augie7107's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 159
Posts: 1,443
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Boston
I had the same issue TW device on 69. Waited two days for walkman update and ended up downloading apk. It was updating fine on 55.

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
 
goon3r
Old
#6  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 37
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Miami, FL
Very interesting. So perhaps its something with this update. I think I'll post a thread on the Sony Mobile forums to hopefully put this on their radar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by augie7107 View Post
I had the same issue TW device on 69. Waited two days for walkman update and ended up downloading apk. It was updating fine on 55.

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
 
acheney1990
Old
#7  
acheney1990's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 22
Posts: 253
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Saint Stephen
In Canada I'm still on the .55 update and am not able to update using the ota update section in the settings, it says no update available. Is there anyway to update to the new firmware? I'm having a few bugs and was hoping this would fix it.

Sent From My Xperia Z2.
NOTHING LIKE A NEXUS!

 
raducanmihai
Old
(Last edited by raducanmihai; 16th May 2014 at 07:15 AM.)
#8  
raducanmihai's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 30
Posts: 143
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Brașov
I am on TW .69 firmware and I also don't have any updates for Album or Walkman. Album is on 5.4.A.0.24 and Walkman on 8.1.A.0.7.

What are the latest versions and where can I get them from?
Thank you.
 
augie7107
Old
#9  
augie7107's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 159
Posts: 1,443
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Boston
Album 6.0.A.0.26
Walkman 8.3.A.0.5

Search, they are on XDA somewhere.

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
 
raducanmihai
Old
#10  
raducanmihai's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 30
Posts: 143
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Brașov
Found them. It's strange because on .55 one of the first things to update are the Album and Walkman but on .69 ... nothing.
I'm waiting for a UK .69 (or Central Europe)
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Create a Simple Custom Launcher from Scratch

When you are starting your journey intoany sort of development, it’s never easy at the … more

MediaTek Continues Steps Towards Being Developer-Friendly

Not too long ago MediaTek was very closed off towards the mobile developer … more

Sony PS4 Remote Play Ported to All Android Devices

Im pretty sure that every informed gamer out there perked their ears up when Sony came out … more