Sprint HTC ONE M8 H/K Edition gsm bands

OP Djmk4

15th May 2014, 07:30 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Thessaloniki
Thanks Meter: 152

494 posts
More
Hello guys i am planning to buy the harman kardon edition of the one m8.....do you know the the gsm bands that the sprint m8 has?i read somewhere that it's quadband..also how many % chances you believe i have sim unlocking it?
15th May 2014, 10:18 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 46

191 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djmk4

Hello guys i am planning to buy the harman kardon edition of the one m8.....do you know the the gsm bands that the sprint m8 has?i read somewhere that it's quadband..also how many % chances you believe i have sim unlocking it?

You can check the bands and frequencies for SPRINT here:

http://www.gsmarena.com/htc_one_(m8)_cdma-6233.php

For the sim unlock it is up to "firewater" compatibility, since you need to S-OFF your device first.

Regarding compatibility with firewater, your question should be: How can I make sure that my device will be supported by firewater?

The answer: You cant! Its just a matter of luck for the moment.

There are alot of people who successfully S-OFF their devices with firewater, and there are also unlucky persons like me, who cant (i got 2 devices that i cannot S-OFF).

There is also a bounty thread for people which cannot S-OFF:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2733870

If SIM unlocking is your concern, I suggest you to buy it unlocked (yeah i know the price is higher).

For the time being there is no provider offering SIM Unlock for Sprint. Believe me, since I have a SPRINT standard M8 device which i cant SIM unlock for the moment.
The Following User Says Thank You to blackice666 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th May 2014, 11:26 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Thessaloniki
Thanks Meter: 152

494 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackice666

You can check the bands and frequencies for SPRINT here:

http://www.gsmarena.com/htc_one_(m8)_cdma-6233.php

For the sim unlock it is up to "firewater" compatibility, since you need to S-OFF your device first.

Regarding compatibility with firewater, your question should be: How can I make sure that my device will be supported by firewater?

The answer: You cant! Its just a matter of luck for the moment.

There are alot of people who successfully S-OFF their devices with firewater, and there are also unlucky persons like me, who cant (i got 2 devices that i cannot S-OFF).

There is also a bounty thread for people which cannot S-OFF:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2733870

If SIM unlocking is your concern, I suggest you to buy it unlocked (yeah i know the price is higher).

For the time being there is no provider offering SIM Unlock for Sprint. Believe me, since I have a SPRINT standard M8 device which i cant SIM unlock for the moment.

Thank you for the information..I'm an htc lover...i can buy it factory unlocked in about the same price...but i want that version...i really liked the color combination and what h/k addition offers...i know that i can port the h/k software to another m8 but i like the whole package...it's unique....i live in Greece....bought my friend some months ago an already sim unlocked sprint htc one m7 and it's working fine..So to sum up..if i got it...it's not 100% that i would be able to sim unlock it..... Also i saw on the gsmarena on the lte frequencies sprint version support LTE 800 / 1900 / 2600 my carrier lte frequencies are 1800 MHz, 2600 MHz...... so i should be able to have lte at 2600MHz?
Last edited by Djmk4; 15th May 2014 at 11:33 AM.
15th May 2014, 11:57 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 46

191 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djmk4

Thank you for the information..I'm an htc lover...i can buy it factory unlocked in about the same price...but i want that version...i really liked the color combination and what h/k addition offers...i know that i can port the h/k software to another m8 but i like the whole package...it's unique....i live in Greece....bought my friend some months ago an already sim unlocked sprint htc one m7 and it's working fine..So to sum up..if i got it...it's not 100% that i would be able to sim unlock it..... Also i saw on the gsmarena on the lte frequencies sprint version support LTE 800 / 1900 / 2600 my carrier lte frequencies are 1800 MHz, 2600 MHz...... so i should be able to have lte at 2600MHz?

Im not quite sure if the LTE will work flawlessly since usually the antenna is optimized for the specific carrier. Sorry i am not sure about it...
25th July 2014, 01:59 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 7

75 posts
Hi
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackice666

Im not quite sure if the LTE will work flawlessly since usually the antenna is optimized for the specific carrier. Sorry i am not sure about it...

Hi.
I have the same mobile and I'm trying to unlock he SIM but I couldn't. Any ideas?
27th July 2014, 12:14 AM   |  #6  
Flag Abu Dhabi
Thanks Meter: 249

888 posts
Donate to Me
More
Edit : never mind
Last edited by Vcek; 27th July 2014 at 12:21 AM.
31st July 2014, 05:33 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 5

43 posts
What have you tried so far
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeking

Hi.
I have the same mobile and I'm trying to unlock he SIM but I couldn't. Any ideas?

Have you succesfully rooted your phone?
Are you s-off?
18th October 2014, 02:30 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
More
Successfully unlocked foruse in uk. Unfortunatelynot getting data reception.attached screenshots

Sent from my 831C using XDA Free mobile app
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1413595828841.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (56.6 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg 1413595843867.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (42.9 KB, 20 views)
18th October 2014, 06:34 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 1,004

2,475 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by totoakarocky

Successfully unlocked foruse in uk. Unfortunatelynot getting data reception.attached screenshots

Sent from my 831C using XDA Free mobile app

Maybe you need the correct APNs applied.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread