Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,563 Members 44,856 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Safe level of OC? ElementalX Settings?

Tip us?

Br4nd3n
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 59
Default [Q] Safe level of OC? ElementalX Settings?

I would like to flash the Elemental X Kernel over CleanROM, and I am interested in slight OC'ing. I notice with the installer it sets the boot CPU and GPU to what you set it to during the install.

If I use trickster mod can I go back to stock if I set the cpu to 1.7ghz in the install?

I figured 1.7-1.8 would be a mild OC and no more than the preferred 450 for the gpu. What does everyone else use? I game a lot on the nexus but don't want to overheat the device too much.

rap3rman
Old
Thanks Meter 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Br4nd3n View Post
I would like to flash the Elemental X Kernel over CleanROM, and I am interested in slight OC'ing. I notice with the installer it sets the boot CPU and GPU to what you set it to during the install.

If I use trickster mod can I go back to stock if I set the cpu to 1.7ghz in the install?

I figured 1.7-1.8 would be a mild OC and no more than the preferred 450 for the gpu. What does everyone else use? I game a lot on the nexus but don't want to overheat the device too much.
Yes, you can go back to whatever frequencies you desire and for the heat, for me, it heats up no matter what
However these temperatures are normal so nothing to worry about.
I live in the Caribbean with a Tropical Climate and i run at 1.7 ghz with 450mhz for the gpu with not much heat problems.
Android Geek
The Following User Says Thank You to rap3rman For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Br4nd3n
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by rap3rman View Post
Yes, you can go back to whatever frequencies you desire and for the heat, for me, it heats up no matter what
However these temperatures are normal so nothing to worry about.
I live in the Caribbean with a Tropical Climate and i run at 1.7 ghz with 450mhz for the gpu with not much heat problems.
I set mine to these, all seems stable and noticeably better for gaming,

I use Trickster Mod to change everything, always loved the app.

CPU: 1.7ghz
GPU: 450mhz
CPU Governor: Performance (while gaming), ElementalX (Regular Use)
GPU Governor: Ondemand (always)
Undervoltage: 850

I also have D2TW (Double Tap to wake) just because it's easier for me.

I play Order & Chaos a lot, with pure stock settings I noticed slight frame issues while in heavy populated area's or if using a lot of in-game commands at once. I now notice nothing..
The Following User Says Thank You to Br4nd3n For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]