Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,742 Members 37,609 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Kudos to HTC's Service Dept (Seriously!)

Tip us?

fujisan582
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Kudos to HTC's Service Dept (Seriously!)

Hi folks,
I've had issue after issue with my HTC One Developer edition for the last six months which have been a pain in the butt and wasted a ton of my time... First the camera started to malfunction, so I had that repaired locally (with another defective camera), the local guy who finally repaired the camera messed up the screen which had to be replaced, then the top speaker blew... I was seriously considering throwing the damn thing under a freight truck and get another phone.

I decided to give it one last chance, and send it to HTC for repair. They estimated the repair between $90 and $200 as my warranty was void (I was upfront and told them the phone was rooted, s-off, opened for repairs, etc.).

Exactly 1 week after I mailed my device to the US repair centre (from Canada), A guy from FedEx handed me a package with this:

They were supposed to call me with a quote for the repairs. I had two weeks remaining under warranty and they repaired it free of charge!

Sounds is so awesome with two speakers working! Love this thing!

Thanks HTC.
Total Noob, never wrote a line of code. Started reading XDA-DEVs and 6 months later:
Rooted HTC One Dev Edition - Unlocked - S-Off - Android Revolution HD - KitKat - Fastboot and ADB apprentice lulz

criszz
Old
Thanks Meter 199

DONATE TO ME
where do you live?

Silver hTc One 802w Dual Sim 32 Gb + 64 Gb SdCard
S-Off ; Rooted ; SuperCID; Tommy KitKat SixSense ROM ( pm for that ); TWRP

Past Smartphone's:

Galaxy S4 i9500
HTC Sensation XE
hTC HD2
hTC Diamond II
hTC Diamond
Gigabyte GSmart i120

fujisan582
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Ottawa

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Total Noob, never wrote a line of code. Started reading XDA-DEVs and 6 months later:
Rooted HTC One Dev Edition - Unlocked - S-Off - Android Revolution HD - KitKat - Fastboot and ADB apprentice lulz