Ask a question

No registration required

For those with AOSP Camera issues

OP jason2302

18th May 2014, 03:55 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 28

202 posts
I'm not sure if this is only a problem for the VS980 or if it's a problem for every G2 variant, but whenever I'm using a CM11 ROM the camera is ridiculously bad. The framerate is slow as hell, as is the shutter speed. No matter what app I used, I could never get a satisfactory experience. However, I found a great solution and I STRONGLY urge you to try it out if you have the same issues as I do.

Go to this thread and follow the instructions to install this camera app: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2752440

Works so well. The shutter speed is almost instant and the framerate is a little better than every other app I've tried. Your experience may vary but this was like a godsend for me since I love AOSP so much and don't want to go back to stock just for the camera. The only issue I still have is that the overall photo quality isn't that good, but I guess that's a problem I'll face for as long as I'm using an AOSP ROM.

I don't know if the app works so well because it's made for a 13MP camera or what, but it's awesome.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread