Note 10.1 2014 Edition vs Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1

18th May 2014, 04:27 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Boca Raton, FL
Thanks Meter: 104

820 posts
Donate to Me
I picked a 32GB Note 10.1 2014 Edition. Picked it up because I used to have the original note. I wasn't sure if I should have purchased the tab pro instead.

So you guys have an opinion?

I like the s pen but I don't need it.

Thanks guys
18th May 2014, 05:53 AM   |  #2  
Flag Nonthaburi / Bangkok
Thanks Meter: 72

551 posts
More
Cool
Tab Pro is newer
S-Pen is critical when I need to use it

I see SS will use Super Amoled on new Tab/NotePro line up in late 2014
18th May 2014, 01:43 PM   |  #3  
Flag Enschede
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
More
It's almost the same tablet, same SoC, screen and (almost) the same body. The only hardware difference I found was whether or not the S-Pen is included.
19th May 2014, 09:19 PM   |  #4  
California
Thanks Meter: 21

188 posts
All about the S-pen
If you like handwriting recognition, then you need the note. If you never use the S-pen, then what is the point? Individual decision based on useage case mate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by le0.br4zuc4

I picked a 32GB Note 10.1 2014 Edition. Picked it up because I used to have the original note. I wasn't sure if I should have purchased the tab pro instead.

So you guys have an opinion?

I like the s pen but I don't need it.

Thanks guys

19th May 2014, 10:53 PM   |  #5  
Flag Spokane, Washington
Thanks Meter: 4,185

8,708 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Note10.1Dude

If you like handwriting recognition, then you need the note. If you never use the S-pen, then what is the point? Individual decision based on useage case mate.

I've played with a couple of N12's and after the 4.4 update the N10.1-14 is faster. M-UX apparently uses a boat load of resources. When M-UX was first announced I was excited because it appeared to be thorough enough to be an alternate UI. It ended up being My Magazine de-constructed and on steroids and takes up a mandatory home page. For those that appeals to it's a potential plus. I'm glad we didn't get it because I like how my home pages are laid out. Don't forget the Tab Pro 10 only has 2GB of RAM. That may or may not be a big deal depending on how much RAM the active digitizer and S Pen/Note use. Speaking of the display it's not the same as ours because it's a standard conductive display. I have no idea what that translates in to performance wise. One benefit the Tab Pro 10 has is that it's newer and shares s/w with the other Pros. For all we know 4.4 may be our last update.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread