Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,412 Members 45,216 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

2014 Bypass At&t's Throttling

Tip us?

XiphoneUzer
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Default 2014 Bypass At&t's Throttling

After searching all morning chasing my tail, I figured I would come here and ask you guys.

Is there a way to bypass atts throttling on my rooted N3 running jb4.3 ???

440bro
Old
Thanks Meter 374

DONATE TO ME
You can change your data plan and they will stop throttling you then. They may change it for you if you tether without a tethering plan.

The throttle control is handled thru the network. Once you hit a high amount of data, they slow down your service. There's nothing we can do on our end.

stevestebo
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Default Throttle

You used to be able to bypass it with APNs like AT&T medianet (this worked great, but newer phones won't connect to it I believe) and doing a switch from gsm/E and then back to LTE/GSM in the service menu (This was only temporary and had to be done everytime you rebooted the phone or every few hours). But it might not work anymore. There is a thread about it somewhere in the Galaxy S4 section I believe. You can see.
The Following User Says Thank You to stevestebo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Fuzzy Wuzzy
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by XiphoneUzer View Post
After searching all morning chasing my tail, I figured I would come here and ask you guys.

Is there a way to bypass atts throttling on my rooted N3 running jb4.3 ???
Tethering too much of the Blackhawks I see.

XiphoneUzer
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Wuzzy View Post
Tethering too much of the Blackhawks I see.
Yes sir, love my Hawks, and Bellator over the weekend as well as youtube music videos and the news.

I finally after all these years, get a good phone with 4glte speeds, and now att wont let me use it unless im at home connected to wifi !!!!

Surely someone on these forums has figured out a workaround?

graydiggy
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2139

DONATE TO ME
As stated before, throttling happens on their side. We have no control. Any attempts to control throttling on the network side to increase speeds would be illegal because it would require unauthorized access to their stuff.

Sent from my SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Lost in a paper bag again...
The Following User Says Thank You to graydiggy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

stash9123
Old
Thanks Meter 70
with my old s2 decompiling the services.jar led me to find some throttle.smali files and after i deleted them the network never even registered that i was using data just had full speed all the time tethering or not. sadly there is nothing like that on the note 3 but if i recall correctly there is a file in the etc folder that did mention throttle and was just text saying yes or no..

Stryke_the_Orc
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 6820
As stated, this is network side. No one here can control the carrier end of the network.
Also, there are several of these threads floating around, there's no need for multiple duplicates, if you don't like the answers given via search and experienced members, I don't know what to tell you.

Thread closed and will be cleaned.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stryke_the_Orc For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe