Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Modems?

OP dopediculous

20th May 2014, 02:17 AM   |  #1  
dopediculous's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Columbus
Thanks Meter: 62
 
414 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
More
So I was on a 4.2.2 build for the longest time and wanted to check out a KitKat ROM. So after flashing it and not caring too much for it, I went back to my backup only to find out that I have no cell service.

Can someone tell me what I need to flash via Odin or possibly recovery to get my cell service back?
I'm on beans7 with 4.2.2.
Thanks XDA peeps! Much appreciated!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
20th May 2014, 11:22 AM   |  #2  
Mistertac's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Springfield, Ma
Thanks Meter: 2,112
 
3,995 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2013
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dopediculous

So I was on a 4.2.2 build for the longest time and wanted to check out a KitKat ROM. So after flashing it and not caring too much for it, I went back to my backup only to find out that I have no cell service.

Can someone tell me what I need to flash via Odin or possibly recovery to get my cell service back?
I'm on beans7 with 4.2.2.
Thanks XDA peeps! Much appreciated!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Go here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2487298

And grab one of the modem only files and flash in whatever recovery your using. I'm on NC5 and it's treated me well.



Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
20th May 2014, 08:00 PM   |  #3  
dopediculous's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Columbus
Thanks Meter: 62
 
414 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistertac

Go here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2487298

And grab one of the modem only files and flash in whatever recovery your using. I'm on NC5 and it's treated me well.



Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

So here's what I have and I've tried a few different modems from that link and no matter what, it still boots, but no cell service. Any ideas? I've tried both ME7s regular and non and even an MDK stock, but no luck :-\

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1400608802743.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	44.0 KB
ID:	2754247  
20th May 2014, 08:13 PM   |  #4  
Mistertac's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Springfield, Ma
Thanks Meter: 2,112
 
3,995 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2013
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dopediculous

So here's what I have and I've tried a few different modems from that link and no matter what, it still boots, but no cell service. Any ideas? I've tried both ME7s regular and non and even an MDK stock, but no luck :-\

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Since your on MDK have you tried flashing the MDK non-hlos modem? Not just the " modem only " one.

Usually flashing a new ROM doesn't effect your modem at all so I'd usually say that it's the ROM that's the problem. But since you've been trying different modems to try and fix the problem it may good to try the non-hlos one. Also make sure whatever recovery your using is up to date.

I've had to flash the MDK non-hlos then I used the phone for a few days and ended up flashing the NC5 one without issue.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
20th May 2014, 09:39 PM   |  #5  
android-incredible's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 107
 
818 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
This is the link to odin back to stock GS4 MDK bootloader

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2289325

That happens to me and the only way to get my phone back to normal was with this link.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes