FORUMS

Index Project For XDA Device Subforums

Another ambitious project from the collaborative efforts of Recognized Contributors and Forum … more

The Atlas of XDA

A few weeks ago, we asked you “How Does Your Location Affect Your Life As A Power User?”. In the days that … more

New Snapdragons: Some Context & Contrast

It hasn’t been a good year for Qualcomm so far. Every device featuring the Snapdragon 810 … more

Google To Launch Next Gen Android One On July 14

The first gen of Android One devices to be launched in India in September 2014 were … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
New NE1 modem for the I337M (Canadian variant)

Flash once with odin (no reboot)

Flash again with odin, reboot and enjoy!

http://www.mediafire.com/download/3v..._NE1_modem.rar
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	I337M_NE1.jpg
Views:	1602
Size:	168.1 KB
ID:	2753168  
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to troy00 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th May 2014, 09:04 PM |#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Question if I am going to fresh the NE1 using Odin. Do I need to fresh the Modem to improve the reception.
Thanks
21st May 2014, 01:25 AM |#3  
OP Member
Flag Vancouver
Thanks Meter: 13
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alofile

Question if I am going to fresh the NE1 using Odin. Do I need to fresh the Modem to improve the reception.
Thanks

If you are flashing the full odin tar package, it already includes the new NE1 modem. No separate flashing of the modem is necessary.
The Following User Says Thank You to troy00 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st May 2014, 04:36 AM |#4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by troy00

If you are flashing the full odin tar package, it already includes the new NE1 modem. No separate flashing of the modem is necessary.

Thanks for your reply. What you mean for full Odin flash. Is 4 tar. file (bootloader, PDA, Phone, CSC) ? Thanks.
21st May 2014, 05:01 AM |#5  
OP Member
Flag Vancouver
Thanks Meter: 13
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alofile

Thanks for your reply. What you mean for full Odin flash. Is 4 tar. file (bootloader, PDA, Phone, CSC) ? Thanks.

The full Odin tar package is the one downloaded from sammobile that contains the bootloader, PDA, Phone, CSC that is roughly 2.36GB [I337MVLUFNE1_I337MOYAFNE2_I337MVLUFNE1_HOME.tar]
21st May 2014, 03:09 AM |#6  
crazy_dr0id's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 26
 
More
Getting error about bad rar file, only downloading a 93.47 KB file...

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
21st May 2014, 05:04 AM |#7  
OP Member
Flag Vancouver
Thanks Meter: 13
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_dr0id

Getting error about bad rar file, only downloading a 93.47 KB file...

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Try downloading with your desktop - I was able to do so just now.
The Following User Says Thank You to troy00 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st May 2014, 06:55 AM |#8  
Member
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 13
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by troy00

Try downloading with your desktop - I was able to do so just now.

I can just flash this modem with TWRP right? Anyone try it yet? How does it compare to NC1?
21st May 2014, 05:50 PM |#9  
crazy_dr0id's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 26
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuson1220

I can just flash this modem with TWRP right? Anyone try it yet? How does it compare to NC1?

As far as I know you have to use desktop Odin to flash modems on this device, first flash unchecked reboot, load back into Odin and flash a second time. Idk why but a lot of us on i337m have to double flash this way to get it to stick. There's some threads on here with step by step details from the last OTA update, maybe search out those for more info.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
21st May 2014, 06:15 PM |#10  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_dr0id

As far as I know you have to use desktop Odin to flash modems on this device, first flash unchecked reboot, load back into Odin and flash a second time. Idk why but a lot of us on i337m have to double flash this way to get it to stick. There's some threads on here with step by step details from the last OTA update, maybe search out those for more info.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Double flash didn't stick, so I triple flashed it and this time it did stick. I used Odin v3.09 desktop version and placed modem.bin into the CP field.
Baseband now shows NE1 !!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to saflang For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes