Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] Constant Recover Boot Loop After ANY Rom Flash

OP jdbbcd

20th May 2014, 09:46 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 11
 
78 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
Hello all,
This is my first time posting, but I rely on these forums for many questions, and it has always served me well. My issue is this... I am new to flashing custom roms, although not new to rooting. I follow every step of each instruction, even using the preferred (by developer) recover app. But after installation, when it does the first reboot, the phone reboots to the screen before the recovery menu, the reboots again and again. I don't know what I am doing wrong. I have tried different suggestions (delete cache/dalvik/user date more than once) among trying multiple rom's. Is this a normal issue? Is this fixable or just user (me) error? I can always get to download screen and re-flash the stock, and things work fine, but any custom rom seems to get stuck in recovery bootloop. Thanks in advance for the help.


T-Mobile US Note 3 ****900T
Most current KitKat.

The roms I am trying to use state they are for Kitkat build, for T-mobile Note 3 ***900T.
20th May 2014, 09:53 PM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 345
 
1,131 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdbbcd

Hello all,
This is my first time posting, but I rely on these forums for many questions, and it has always served me well. My issue is this... I am new to flashing custom roms, although not new to rooting. I follow every step of each instruction, even using the preferred (by developer) recover app. But after installation, when it does the first reboot, the phone reboots to the screen before the recovery menu, the reboots again and again. I don't know what I am doing wrong. I have tried different suggestions (delete cache/dalvik/user date more than once) among trying multiple rom's. Is this a normal issue? Is this fixable or just user (me) error? I can always get to download screen and re-flash the stock, and things work fine, but any custom rom seems to get stuck in recovery bootloop. Thanks in advance for the help.


T-Mobile US Note 3 ****900T
Most current KitKat.

The roms I am trying to use state they are for Kitkat build, for T-mobile Note 3 ***900T.

Have you followed this guide to prepare your phone for custom roms flashing?
The Following User Says Thank You to hey_joe For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th May 2014, 10:06 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 11
 
78 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by hey_joe

Have you followed this guide to prepare your phone for custom roms flashing?

OK, yes I followed that guide. Even tried the extra guide on that thread on page 3, but still does the same thing. Constant bootloop showing the seandroid is not enforcing in red and something else below it. It doesn't read recovery in blue at the top, but that's the screen. I can go back into recovery using vol up and home, but will never boot the os or rom i flashed, until I reflash the stock rom. There has to be something I am missing. :?
Last edited by jdbbcd; 20th May 2014 at 11:28 PM. Reason: Edited due to trying the steps
The Following User Says Thank You to jdbbcd For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st May 2014, 12:56 AM   |  #4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 345
 
1,131 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdbbcd

OK, yes I followed that guide. Even tried the extra guide on that thread on page 3, but still does the same thing. Constant bootloop showing the seandroid is not enforcing in red and something else below it. It doesn't read recovery in blue at the top, but that's the screen. I can go back into recovery using vol up and home, but will never boot the os or rom i flashed, until I reflash the stock rom. There has to be something I am missing. :?

Which version is your stock 4.4.2?
The Following User Says Thank You to hey_joe For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st May 2014, 01:45 AM   |  #5  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 11
 
78 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by hey_joe

Which version is your stock 4.4.2?

Hey, thanks for the reply.
Phone shows;

Model Number
SM-N900T

Android Version
4.4.2

Baseband Version
N900TUVUCNB4

Kernel Version
3.4.0-660648
dpi@SWDD5008 #1
Wed Feb 12 21:31:27 KST 2014 (<-----What?)

Build Number
KOT49H.N900TUVUCNB4

SE for Android Status
Enforcing
SEPF_SM_N900T_4.4.2_0005

Security Software Version
MDF v1.0 Release 2

Not sure how much of all that you need, but for time delay, i give you all
The Following User Says Thank You to jdbbcd For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st May 2014, 02:03 AM   |  #6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 345
 
1,131 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdbbcd

Hey, thanks for the reply.
Phone shows;

Model Number
SM-N900T

Android Version
4.4.2

Baseband Version
N900TUVUCNB4

Kernel Version
3.4.0-660648
dpi@SWDD5008 #1
Wed Feb 12 21:31:27 KST 2014 (<-----What?)

Build Number
KOT49H.N900TUVUCNB4

SE for Android Status
Enforcing
SEPF_SM_N900T_4.4.2_0005

Security Software Version
MDF v1.0 Release 2

Not sure how much of all that you need, but for time delay, i give you all

If you're successful in rooting and flashing Phil's CWM, maybe try flashing a custom rom again followed by a kernel like this one. Out of curiosity, which rom have you tried to flash?
The Following User Says Thank You to hey_joe For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st May 2014, 03:32 AM   |  #7  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 11
 
78 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
Smasher x was the last one I tried for 4.2.2

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Free mobile app
21st May 2014, 03:44 AM   |  #8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 345
 
1,131 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdbbcd

Smasher x was the last one I tried for 4.2.2

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Free mobile app

I might be wrong but that one although is Kitkat needs a 4.3 bootloader where you have 4.4.2 which is why it's bootlooping. Try a newer aosp or the like that are recent that supports both 4.3 and 4.4.2 bootloader.
The Following User Says Thank You to hey_joe For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st May 2014, 04:21 AM   |  #9  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 11
 
78 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by hey_joe

I might be wrong but that one although is Kitkat needs a 4.3 bootloader where you have 4.4.2 which is why it's bootlooping. Try a newer aosp or the like that are recent that supports both 4.3 and 4.4.2 bootloader.

How about the Infamous rom?
The Following User Says Thank You to jdbbcd For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st May 2014, 09:41 PM   |  #10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 345
 
1,131 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdbbcd

How about the Infamous rom?

Yes, it should work. But this rom is TW based so the GUI is the same as the one you see on your phone now unlike the aosp/aokp/cyanogen which have a GUI like those from Google stock roms.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes