No registration required

GPS on International N9005 Note 3

OP Lambetts

21st May 2014, 11:24 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 38

697 posts
Hey guys.

Read a lot about this but still haven't really seen a proper 'fix' for it yet. Maybe I didn't search hard enough. Have GPS drop outs continually and takes a bit to get a lock. Kitkat hasn't helped either. Actually worked ok before I went to it.

Can anyone point me in the right direction for a fix? I'm running Civz rom and kernel at the moment.

Thank in advance!!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
21st May 2014, 11:34 AM   |  #2  
Gelderd End, 1974
Thanks Meter: 627

1,658 posts
I remember another Aussie user having the same problem after "upgrading" (ha!) to KK, don't know if he found a fix.

I'm still on JB, but have you tried Top NTP? It's on the playstore, there's a free and a donate version (can't link to it from my work pc). It changes the GPS config and is the first app I install on every device I've had - never let me down, instant fix. Worth a try?
The Following User Says Thank You to B3311 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th July 2014, 04:38 PM   |  #3  
Flag Prishtina
Thanks Meter: 6

46 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by B3311

I remember another Aussie user having the same problem after "upgrading" (ha!) to KK, don't know if he found a fix.

I'm still on JB, but have you tried Top NTP? It's on the playstore, there's a free and a donate version (can't link to it from my work pc). It changes the GPS config and is the first app I install on every device I've had - never let me down, instant fix. Worth a try?

I've been having this issue since upgrading to KitKat on Note3 (Snapdragon) International Version.

TopNTP fixed it.

Before it would take forever to lock the signal, and most of the time it wouldn't at all.
Now it takes from 5-10 seconds.
The Following User Says Thank You to Colide For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th July 2014, 09:00 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 76

1,059 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambetts

Hey guys.

Read a lot about this but still haven't really seen a proper 'fix' for it yet. Maybe I didn't search hard enough. Have GPS drop outs continually and takes a bit to get a lock. Kitkat hasn't helped either. Actually worked ok before I went to it.

Can anyone point me in the right direction for a fix? I'm running Civz rom and kernel at the moment.

Thank in advance!!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

drop outs wouldn't be when using google maps would it?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread