Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,557 Members 53,304 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Mobile Dock Power Saving Mode Not Working

Tip us?
 
marcmarshall
Old
(Last edited by marcmarshall; 25th May 2014 at 12:30 AM.) Reason: wrong forum
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 26
Posts: 793
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Providence
Default Mobile Dock Power Saving Mode Not Working

Hi all- Lately I have been getting terrible battery drain when my tablet sleeps while docked. I noticed that even though I have the Asus custom option for Mobiledock power saving mode enabled it does not work. I remember with my T101 I would have to enable, disable, and reenabel but that does not work. If I sleep the tablet and press any key on the dock it wakes. I suspect this is since the last recent update as the problem also seems to have started recently. My tablet is completely stock and not rooted yet.

Anyone else notice this?

Thanks

Moderater- Sorry, I was doing search on this and thought I was still in the question/troubleshooting forum. You might want to move this thread. mm
Samsung Galaxy SIII T-Mo, stock rooted root_66
Asus Transformer TF-701t- CROMi-X 7.0
Thanks to mrRobinson and sbdags!
 
sbdags
Old
#2  
sbdags's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 12592
Posts: 11,100
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Kenilworth, Coventry

 
DONATE TO ME
Install wake lock detector to see which apps are keeping your tablet awake.
ASUS Transformer TF700T/TF201/TF300T(GL)/ME301T
[ROM] CROMBi-kk TF700T Infinity
[ROM] CROMBi-kk TF300T | TF201T | ME301T
[ROM] CROMi-X TF700T Infinity
[ROM] mini-C TF700T Infinity
[ROM] CROMi-X TF300T(GL) | TF201T Prime | ME301T Smart Pad 10


ASUS Transformer TF701T
[ROM] CROMi-X TF701T
[ROM] CROMBi-kk TF701


Google Nexus 5
Rocking Stock!


Please Donate Here to support CROMi-X / CROMBi-kk Development
The Following User Says Thank You to sbdags For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
marcmarshall
Old
#3  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 26
Posts: 793
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Providence
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbdags View Post
Install wake lock detector to see which apps are keeping your tablet awake.
Just installed. Will post back results. Thanks.
Samsung Galaxy SIII T-Mo, stock rooted root_66
Asus Transformer TF-701t- CROMi-X 7.0
Thanks to mrRobinson and sbdags!
 
marcmarshall
Old
#4  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 26
Posts: 793
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Providence
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbdags View Post
Install wake lock detector to see which apps are keeping your tablet awake.
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcmarshall View Post
Just installed. Will post back results. Thanks.
Wakelock manager is not working properly on my system. When I try to perform any action I just get a message that says "unable to perform requested action at this time, try again later." That said, it did open to the CPU wakelock page that was sorted by duration. The top of the list was Avast Mobile Security with a duration of only 9secs. I'm guessing that does not pose much of a problem.

I previously have BatteryStats Plus installed. It also is no longer working and is constantly crashing but I have been checking it since the battery drain problem started. It has a page for "potentially draining apps" that I am guessing also has to do with wakelocks. It has always reported that there are "no potentially draining apps"

What I also need to do, and should have tried already, is to sleep the tablet without the dock and see how the battery holds up.

I do know that the Asus Custom Setting for Mobiledock Battery Saving Mode is not working. Any key on the dock will still wake the tablet with this enabled. I suspect this is the problem. I should mention that I also have the tablet in Ultra Battery Saving Mode.

Can anyone with the latest update installed tell me if the Mobiledock Battery Saving Mode in setting under the Asus Custom Settings is working for them?

Thanks
Samsung Galaxy SIII T-Mo, stock rooted root_66
Asus Transformer TF-701t- CROMi-X 7.0
Thanks to mrRobinson and sbdags!
 
sbdags
Old
#5  
sbdags's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 12592
Posts: 11,100
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Kenilworth, Coventry

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcmarshall View Post
Wakelock manager is not working properly on my system. When I try to perform any action I just get a message that says "unable to perform requested action at this time, try again later." That said, it did open to the CPU wakelock page that was sorted by duration. The top of the list was Avast Mobile Security with a duration of only 9secs. I'm guessing that does not pose much of a problem.

I previously have BatteryStats Plus installed. It also is no longer working and is constantly crashing but I have been checking it since the battery drain problem started. It has a page for "potentially draining apps" that I am guessing also has to do with wakelocks. It has always reported that there are "no potentially draining apps"

What I also need to do, and should have tried already, is to sleep the tablet without the dock and see how the battery holds up.

I do know that the Asus Custom Setting for Mobiledock Battery Saving Mode is not working. Any key on the dock will still wake the tablet with this enabled. I suspect this is the problem. I should mention that I also have the tablet in Ultra Battery Saving Mode.

Can anyone with the latest update installed tell me if the Mobiledock Battery Saving Mode in setting under the Asus Custom Settings is working for them?

Thanks
Sounds like your device is not sleeping at all so you need to find out why - which wake lock detector or better battery stats would do - so you need to get a logcat of why they are not working

Sounds like you have major issues to me....
ASUS Transformer TF700T/TF201/TF300T(GL)/ME301T
[ROM] CROMBi-kk TF700T Infinity
[ROM] CROMBi-kk TF300T | TF201T | ME301T
[ROM] CROMi-X TF700T Infinity
[ROM] mini-C TF700T Infinity
[ROM] CROMi-X TF300T(GL) | TF201T Prime | ME301T Smart Pad 10


ASUS Transformer TF701T
[ROM] CROMi-X TF701T
[ROM] CROMBi-kk TF701


Google Nexus 5
Rocking Stock!


Please Donate Here to support CROMi-X / CROMBi-kk Development
The Following User Says Thank You to sbdags For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
marcmarshall
Old
#6  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 26
Posts: 793
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Providence
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbdags View Post
Sounds like your device is not sleeping at all so you need to find out why - which wake lock detector or better battery stats would do - so you need to get a logcat of why they are not working

Sounds like you have major issues to me....
Well I know from the reviews that Better Battery Stats has been crashing for a lot of folks. A logcat is a good idea. Maybe it's time to finally root and flash a new rom as well. Thanks
Samsung Galaxy SIII T-Mo, stock rooted root_66
Asus Transformer TF-701t- CROMi-X 7.0
Thanks to mrRobinson and sbdags!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Device Review: Samsung Gear Live

Recently, Google announced Android Wear to the world. Android Wear is the Android-based initiative from … more

Forums Added for the Nvidia Shield Tablet and Sharp Aquos Crystal

Just a few days ago, wetook an in depth look at theNvidia Shield Tabletand … more

[OTA Captured] Android 4.4.3 Lands on European HTC One M7

The secound release of the Android L Developer Previewmay be the new hotness for … more

Take a Perfectly Stable Shot with Open Camera

The camera app on our Android smartphones and tablets isn’t something we focus on all … more