Google’s Prank Roundup for April Fools 2015

Once again, we have arrived on the most magical of holidays – the annual … more

What is the Best Third-Party Camera App for Android?

When it comes to Camera apps, there are dozens of great options to choose … more

Google to Acquire XDA, Dev Rewards & Policy Changes

We are delighted to announce that starting on April 20th, a finalized deal with … more

Hi Locker to Help You With Lockscreen Headache

The lockscreen is a part of the OS that we see hundreds of times every day, whether … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] Stuck at Logo, Why?

25th May 2014, 04:30 AM |#1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
8 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
Good evening, kind folks! Found this forum after searching until my eyes bleed for some help online. A noob I am, but would buy a six-pack and be Forever Grateful for someone to help this old lady out!

Own a used TF201 Prime. Not experienced with Android, other than using my tablet over 2 years. Things have been great, no probs.

Plugged it in to recharge this afternoon, came back about 3 hours later and found my kitty sitting on the tablet (which was on the table). The tablet was very warm. I unplugged & put it on our tile floor (cold because of A/Conditioning) to cool off. Once cool it was still stuck at the browser screen I must have been looking at when I plugged it in to charge.

So I tried to reboot by using PWR + VOLDwn buttons but... it's getting no further than the ASUS screen with the spinning circle in the middle below "ASUS." Am so confused by things I saw here tonight already on this forum; I have no idea what to try or to do.

Can anyone help me out??
25th May 2014, 03:39 PM |#2  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
8 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
Which Way to Go First?
Am hoping Someone will take pity on this 60-yr-old lady and help!

I see all over the forums where there's overheating problems when charging. Don't know if this is what happened or not.

Am not afraid to try some things myself before I call Asus. Would love to resolve this on my own, and Learn Something!

Can anyone give me some direction??
25th May 2014, 03:58 PM |#3  
lj50036's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Area51
Thanks Meter: 2,375
 
2,594 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2013
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizS

Am hoping Someone will take pity on this 60-yr-old lady and help!

I see all over the forums where there's overheating problems when charging. Don't know if this is what happened or not.

Am not afraid to try some things myself before I call Asus. Would love to resolve this on my own, and Learn Something!

Can anyone give me some direction??

I am here to save the day

Let me read over your issue

Thx Josh

---------- Post added at 09:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizS

Am hoping Someone will take pity on this 60-yr-old lady and help!

I see all over the forums where there's overheating problems when charging. Don't know if this is what happened or not.

Am not afraid to try some things myself before I call Asus. Would love to resolve this on my own, and Learn Something!

Can anyone give me some direction??

Ok, lets start with a little more info....

Is the bootloader unlocked?

Thx Josh
Last edited by lj50036; 25th May 2014 at 04:03 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to lj50036 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th May 2014, 05:59 PM |#4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
8 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
THANK YOU
Quote:
Originally Posted by lj50036

I am here to save the day

Let me read over your issue

Thx Josh

---------- Post added at 09:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 AM ----------



Ok, lets start with a little more info....

Is the bootloader unlocked?

Thx Josh

Thank you, thank you for responding.

No, it's stock all the way.
27th May 2014, 06:16 PM |#5  
lj50036's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Area51
Thanks Meter: 2,375
 
2,594 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2013
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizS

Thank you, thank you for responding.

No, it's stock all the way.

Ok, If you cant get to the bootloader screen, there is not much that can be done..

You can try the reset button about 3 or 4 cm down from your sd card there is a pin hole...

Push this while stuck in bootloop..

Let me know thx Josh
27th May 2014, 07:39 PM |#6  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
8 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
No Luck
Quote:
Originally Posted by lj50036

Ok, If you cant get to the bootloader screen, there is not much that can be done..

You can try the reset button about 3 or 4 cm down from your sd card there is a pin hole...

Push this while stuck in bootloop..

Let me know thx Josh

Used a paper clip, pushed into the hold while the logo was spinning.

It started over again, with ASUS in the center and the NVIDIA logo in the bottom right. But nothing beyond that this time

My previous problem was one step beyond, the 'spinning logo' had appeared and was stuck there... This doesn't look good, does it? THANK YOU!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes