Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,193 Members 36,642 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Moto G Assist, Camera & Gallery for AOSP/CM

Tip us?

chrisus246g
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Service [Q] Moto G Assist, Camera & Gallery for AOSP/CM

Hey guys,

I searched the web and haven't found much. What's really keeping me from going to a custom rom - be it GPE/AOSP (like Paranoid Android) or CM-Based - are those 3 features (Moto Assist, Camera, Gallery - even Radio FM). Sadly I only found negative evidence.

Are there any apks of those apps out there that work 100% on AOSP/CM-based roms? Or alternatives that have the same simplicity of design and functions?

Thanks in advance.
Cheers

andogeek10
Old
Thanks Meter 590
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisus246g View Post
Hey guys,

I searched the web and haven't found much. What's really keeping me from going to a custom rom - be it GPE/AOSP (like Paranoid Android) or CM-Based - are those 3 features (Moto Assist, Camera, Gallery - even Radio FM). Sadly I only found negative evidence.

Are there any apks of those apps out there that work 100% on AOSP/CM-based roms? Or alternatives that have the same simplicity of design and functions?

Thanks in advance.
Cheers
Alternatives :
1. Assist - Quiet hours in various roms or profiles option.
2. Camera - In my opinion, the AOSP camera is much better than the stock camera application. The only thing missing is slow motion recording.
3. Gallery - There are many gallery applications available on the play store.
4. FM Radio - All of the roms I have flashed till now had a FM Radio app. And it also allows you to play the audio via the external speaker.
The Following User Says Thank You to andogeek10 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

chrisus246g
Old
(Last edited by chrisus246g; 26th May 2014 at 08:25 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by andogeek10 View Post
Alternatives :
1. Assist - Quiet hours in various roms or profiles option.
2. Camera - In my opinion, the AOSP camera is much better than the stock camera application. The only thing missing is slow motion recording.
3. Gallery - There are many gallery applications available on the play store.
4. FM Radio - All of the roms I have flashed till now had a FM Radio app. And it also allows you to play the audio via the external speaker.
Thanks for answering mate, much appreciated.

1. Main feature I use from Assist is that the phone goes quiet during an calendar appointment and auto replies to favorite calls (family). Can't find a similar app that just does that and/or doesn't have a bulky, ugly interface.
2. agreed, but Google Camera doesn't support panorama nor slow motion + HDR on the Moto G
3. tried a few. Again I like the simple, unbulky Moto Gallery with sidebar and autohide status bar feature.

Did no one ever try to port those 3 apps? :/ I can't be the only one wondering/asking this.

andogeek10
Old
Thanks Meter 590
Quote:
Thanks for answering mate, much appreciated.

1. Main feature I use from Assist is that the phone goes quiet during an calendar appointment and auto replies to favorite calls (family). Can't find a similar app that just does that and/or doesn't have a bulky, ugly interface.
2. agreed, but Google Camera doesn't support panorama nor slow motion + HDR on the Moto G
3. tried a few. Again I like the simple, unbulky Moto Gallery with sidebar and autohide status bar feature.

Did no one ever try to port those 3 apps? :/ I can't be the only one wondering/asking this.
1. No that feature is not there in AOSP ROMs.
2. I'm taking about the AOSP camera and not the Google camera. In the AOSP camera we have panaroma and HDR. The only thing missing is the slow motion capture.
3. If you want simplicity then the AOSP gallery is good. The only thing not available is the sidebar.

Sent from my Moto G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Darkshado
Old
Thanks Meter 453

DONATE TO ME
I don't remember if it does the auto-SMS, but Llama (FOSS, on the Play Store) can certainly use the calendar plus a whole bunch of other conditions to silence the phone, change "profiles" (enabling things like different ringtones at home and work, or silencing/changing some notification with the LlamaTones ringtone selector) and generally trigger actions.
My phones: Galaxy Note II SGH-T889V (with LTE enabled / ext4 SD card support on TouchWiz ROMs), Motorola XT-1045 Moto G LTE (TWRP)
Previous phones: Nexus S GT-I9020A, Galaxy Gio GT-S5660M (Arpeggiomod ROM / Discussion, stock rooted ROM), Motorola XT-1032 Moto G.
Phones for which I play "tech support" for family and friends: Galaxy Nexus GT-I9250, Galaxy Q SGH-T589R, Galaxy 551 GT-I5510M, LG C-800G Eclypse, Motorola XT-1032 Moto G

ToastnButter
Old
Thanks Meter 90
Quote:
Hey guys,

Thanks in advance.
Cheers
Exactly same situation here. I'm torn between staying stock and going CM but loosing these three apps.
Moto camera and gallery apps are absolutely the best around. AOSP gallery is outdated and downright ugly. Also, there is no gallery app that performs nearly as smooth as moto gallery.
It shouldn't be THAT hard to port these apks, right?

chrisus246g
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
I'm not giving up

Moto G Camera App - don't know if it's CM only - (zip also seems to include Gallery)
Found a Thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2614700
"dhacker archieved to get the native moto g camera app working --> loki.rombitch.com/Devs/Dhacker29/MotoCamera442.zip"

Moto G Assist, apparently only for CM 11 (maybe CM based also, maybe PA, don't know)
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=52202333

I've no way to check these since I haven't rooted my phone.
Maybe someone wants to try and report back. Would be very appreciated.

Cheers

thestory101
Old
Thanks Meter 50
Quote:
I'm not giving up

Moto G Camera App - don't know if it's CM only - (zip also seems to include Gallery)
Found a Thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2614700
"dhacker archieved to get the native moto g camera app working --> loki.rombitch.com/Devs/Dhacker29/MotoCamera442.zip"

Moto G Assist, apparently only for CM 11 (maybe CM based also, maybe PA, don't know)
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=52202333

I've no way to check these since I haven't rooted my phone.
Maybe someone wants to try and report back. Would be very appreciated.

Cheers
BTW , Moto camera on AOSP , about slow motion not working too.