No registration required

LTE bug

OP pjcordi

27th May 2014, 12:26 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 4

89 posts
More
Hi I seem to have a problem getting LTE. I'm using a galaxy s3 i747m on Fido and I'm using stock Rogers ROM. I have a problem with LTE. I used to get it everywhere most of the time but it now only works once in a while. When I do finally get LTE it only works 30% of the time. I have full signal LTE but it doesn't load any webpages or anything. Once and a while it does though. I have tried bootloaders, modems, different Roms and I can seem to solve this problem. Does anyone know how I can fix this?

Thanks. I need my stable LTE back.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using XDA Free mobile app
27th May 2014, 03:19 AM   |  #2  
OP Member

89 posts
More
Anyone?

27th May 2014, 11:20 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 0

12 posts
By modems do you mean basebands?
Have you look into your Access Point settings and preferred network type?
27th May 2014, 01:13 PM   |  #4  
OP Member

89 posts
More
Yes by modems I mean basebands. My network type is LTE,3g, 2g. My APN is right. I can get LTE but when I do nothing loads at all. I have tried different Roms, different modems, different kernels and nothing seems to work. I did have LTE that worked before though.

27th May 2014, 02:41 PM   |  #5  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Outaouais
Thanks Meter: 1,706

3,891 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjcordi

Yes by modems I mean basebands. My network type is LTE,3g, 2g. My APN is right. I can get LTE but when I do nothing loads at all. I have tried different Roms, different modems, different kernels and nothing seems to work. I did have LTE that worked before though.

When did it stop working? Do you remember what was done to the phone?

If nothing particular was done before that happened, you might wanna give Fido a call so they can check your connectivity and perhaps get a new sim card.
27th May 2014, 11:44 PM   |  #6  
OP Member

89 posts
More
Well it stopped once flashed aokp ROM. I have a cut some card so that could be the cause unfortunately. I'll try a new simcard and see if that fixes it. I might also try flashing back to complete stock but I'm not too sure if that would help at all. I remember having LTE as soon as I turned it on and now it never turns on.

Thanks for the info!

28th May 2014, 02:10 PM   |  #7  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Outaouais
Thanks Meter: 1,706

3,891 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjcordi

Well it stopped once flashed aokp ROM. I have a cut some card so that could be the cause unfortunately. I'll try a new simcard and see if that fixes it. I might also try flashing back to complete stock but I'm not too sure if that would help at all. I remember having LTE as soon as I turned it on and now it never turns on.

Thanks for the info!

You can backup your stuff, fully wipe and go on from there. Worth giving it a shot before changing your sim card.
The Following User Says Thank You to BWolf56 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th May 2014, 02:40 PM   |  #8  
OP Member

89 posts
More
I actually swapped the Sim card and that didn't seem to work. I'm just going to go back to complete stock and see if that works.

28th May 2014, 10:40 PM   |  #9  
OP Member

89 posts
More
I went back to stock and I still can't get let. Do you think it would be a good idea to change my flash counter back to zero? Nothing seems to be work and I know my phone doesn't have a problem. It has to have something to do with what I'm flashing. Any other ideas?

Sent from my SGH-I747M using XDA Free mobile app
29th May 2014, 12:17 AM   |  #10  
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 6

53 posts
+1 I'm on rogers I'm having the same problem :/ maybe its carrier related. I flashed the 4.4.2 rom then odined back to stock, thats when it started. IMEI seems intact aswell. Modem is good. Any ideas?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread