Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Sony Xperia T Recovery Mode How To?

OP GrandMstrBud

29th May 2014, 02:36 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 58
 
1,047 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2007
Have a Sony XPeria T here and it's locked an an android lock screen, (Code forgotton). So I'm trying to get into recovery and wipe data and I've looking all over the place and I found this does not work.

Enter Recovery

Keep pressing volume up when you see the sony logo on boot screen.
Use the volume up and down buttons to navigate, power button to select.

How can I wipe the data without getting into the phone? It's never been rooted and if I can't get into the phone I can't root it.

PS, can we get rid of the video's on here they are so annoying
29th May 2014, 04:01 AM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 575
 
849 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandMstrBud

Have a Sony XPeria T here and it's locked an an android lock screen, (Code forgotton). So I'm trying to get into recovery and wipe data and I've looking all over the place and I found this does not work.

Enter Recovery

Keep pressing volume up when you see the sony logo on boot screen.
Use the volume up and down buttons to navigate, power button to select.

How can I wipe the data without getting into the phone? It's never been rooted and if I can't get into the phone I can't root it.

PS, can we get rid of the video's on here they are so annoying

If you're not rooted, you obviously don't have a recovery... Flash a stock FTF file corresponding to the phone model you have. If you don't know how to do this, read the very first post of the General section (which I recommend you do anyway before asking questions, since they might already have been answered in there).

Tip: Flashing a stock firmware gives you the option to wipe all data, without root or recovery, without even starting Android.
29th May 2014, 04:06 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 58
 
1,047 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antiga Prime

If you're not rooted, you obviously don't have a recovery... Flash a stock FTF file corresponding to the phone model you have. If you don't know how to do this, read the very first post of the General section (which I recommend you do anyway before asking questions, since they might already have been answered in there).

Tip: Flashing a stock firmware gives you the option to wipe all data, without root or recovery, without even starting Android.

I've got the flash tool and registered about 3-4 hours ago and still nothing so that's why I was looking for another way. Is there a way to use that without registering?
29th May 2014, 04:09 AM   |  #4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 575
 
849 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandMstrBud

I've got the flash tool and registered about 3-4 hours ago and still nothing so that's why I was looking for another way. Is there a way to use that without registering?

Registered for what? I don't recall having to register to download Flashtool? If it's installed just open it and use it. You probably have a different program.
29th May 2014, 04:11 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 58
 
1,047 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antiga Prime

Registered for what? I don't recall having to register to download Flashtool? If it's installed just open it and use it. You probably have a different program.

It was from the Sony website, I think called Emma. Found it searching around earlier. Got the one on here downloading, 45 minutes and counting on my 50mb connection
29th May 2014, 04:18 AM   |  #6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 575
 
849 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandMstrBud

It was from the Sony website, I think called Emma. Found it searching around earlier. Got the one on here downloading, 45 minutes and counting on my 50mb connection

Ok, well Emma is not Flashtool. Don't know anything about Emma, so if you're gonna do it with that, then I have no idea and can't help you. But it most likely can be downloaded from the All-in-one thread in the Q&A forums.
30th May 2014, 01:32 AM   |  #7  
neosnake991's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bargoed
Thanks Meter: 69
 
144 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
Donate to Me
More
You missed the point of my post, I was given a link for anyone else that wanted to know about it . As for me it's my last chance saloon as I have a unlocked bootloader.

"To give up is a sign of your weaknesses, but to keep going is a sign of madness"
30th May 2014, 01:50 AM   |  #8  
istux's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Milano
Thanks Meter: 523
 
719 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by neosnake991

You missed the point of my post, I was given a link for anyone else that wanted to know about it . As for me it's my last chance saloon as I have a unlocked bootloader.

"To give up is a sign of your weaknesses, but to keep going is a sign of madness"

Flashtool works with unlocked bootloaders as well...
30th May 2014, 01:53 AM   |  #9  
neosnake991's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bargoed
Thanks Meter: 69
 
144 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
Donate to Me
More
Yeah I know but the ease of not looking for a ftf to flash is better, I use Flashtool a lot and am not putting it down, just some times I don't have time to waste.

"To give up is a sign of your weaknesses, but to keep going is a sign of madness"
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes