FORUMS

PSA: You Can Optimize Your Note 4’s Recents Menu & RAM

The Note 4 never had the fastest Recents Menu, and despite its 3GB of RAM, … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (July 25 – Aug 1)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Voices Of XDA: Orbiting The Earth With Android

Editor’s note: This week’s feature has been written by forum … more

CloudPlayer: DIY HiFi Music Streaming Solution

In our Helpful Guide to Music Streaming Services, we mentioned several different services … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I was just looking at how to root the Z2, and I noticed that to root it, you first have to unlock the bootloader and install a custom recovery, but unlocking the bootloader removes TA keys, so you first have to back them up, but backing them up requires root access. Am I missing something here or is it impossible to keep your TA keys to root?
30th May 2014, 12:14 AM |#2  
Lostatsea23's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 74
 
More
Impossible

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk
30th May 2014, 12:19 AM |#3  
Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uclydde

I was just looking at how to root the Z2, and I noticed that to root it, you first have to unlock the bootloader and install a custom recovery, but unlocking the bootloader removes TA keys, so you first have to back them up, but backing them up requires root access. Am I missing something here or is it impossible to keep your TA keys to root?

may be possible down the track but not possible now and highly unlikely in the near future
30th May 2014, 01:20 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Longboat Key
Thanks Meter: 27
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vnblueberry

may be possible down the track but not possible now and highly unlikely in the near future

So...why can other sony devices root without unlocking the bootloader?
30th May 2014, 02:23 AM |#5  
Senior Member
Flag Hudson
Thanks Meter: 24
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uclydde

So...why can other sony devices root without unlocking the bootloader?

root exploits. doomlord is currently trying to finding an exploit in the firmware so we can back up ta keys
The Following User Says Thank You to harrold11237 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th May 2014, 03:28 AM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Longboat Key
Thanks Meter: 27
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrold11237

root exploits. doomlord is currently trying to finding an exploit in the firmware so we can back up ta keys

Ah thanks for that
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes