Google Updates Play Games, Wallet, Docs, Sheets, Slides, Drive, Google+, and Camera

While we haven’t really had much in the way of … more

Google Execs Talk to Ars About Android 5.0 Lollipop

Android 5.0 Lollipop is right around the corner, and it’s expected to hit AOSP … more

UX Design in Apps and ROMs w/ Kevin Bruckert – BABBQ2014

This year’s Big Android BBQ has come and gone. While the whole event was … more

Bring Material Design Goodness to Your App with Support Library

At Google I/O 2014, the next iteration of Android was announced and … more
Post Reply

[Q] How to change text color in manage applications

OP zomer143

30th May 2014, 05:11 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
13 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2013
i Change my Setting Themes. to Holo.Light. One problem is when you go into manage applications the text is white on a white background almost impossible to see. What XML file needs to be edited to change that and what part needs to be changed?

Settings ->Applications ->Manage Applications
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-05-30-12-07-38.png
Views:	20
Size:	46.8 KB
ID:	2770512  
Last edited by zomer143; 30th May 2014 at 05:25 AM. Reason: edit
30th May 2014, 06:40 AM   |  #2  
MasterAwesome's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 795
 
1,133 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zomer143

i Change my Setting Themes. to Holo.Light. One problem is when you go into manage applications the text is white on a white background almost impossible to see. What XML file needs to be edited to change that and what part needs to be changed?

Settings ->Applications ->Manage Applications

If you're on a Linux distro
Code:
grep -r "manage app"
This should give you the XML file that's present in.


Regards
MasterAwesome
Last edited by MasterAwesome; 30th May 2014 at 06:49 AM.
30th May 2014, 06:45 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
13 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterAwesome

If you're on a Linux distro
[CODE]grep -r "manage app"[\CODE]
This should give you the XML file that's present in.


Regards
MasterAwesome

what can't understand
30th May 2014, 06:50 AM   |  #4  
MasterAwesome's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 795
 
1,133 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zomer143

what can't understand

Its a bash command...to find stuff inside files..

Regards
MasterAwesome
30th May 2014, 07:08 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
13 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterAwesome

Its a bash command...to find stuff inside files..

Regards
MasterAwesome

what file .xml or .smali

and what name of file
30th May 2014, 07:12 AM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
13 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterAwesome

Its a bash command...to find stuff inside files..

Regards
MasterAwesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterAwesome

Its a bash command...to find stuff inside files..

Regards
MasterAwesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by zomer143

what file .xml or .smali

and what name of file


manage_applications_running.xml
manage_applications_item.xml
manage_applications_content.xml
manage_applications_apps.xml

or

ApplicationsState.smali
AppViewHolder.smali
InstalledAppDetails.smali
InstalledAppDetailsTop.smali
InterestingConfigChanges.smali
LinearColorBar.smali
ManageApplications.smali
30th May 2014, 07:28 AM   |  #7  
MasterAwesome's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 795
 
1,133 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zomer143

manage_applications_running.xml
manage_applications_item.xml
manage_applications_content.xml
manage_applications_apps.xml

or

ApplicationsState.smali
AppViewHolder.smali
InstalledAppDetails.smali
InstalledAppDetailsTop.smali
InterestingConfigChanges.smali
LinearColorBar.smali
ManageApplications.smali

Smali files are files that define your action upon touch they are made by the compiler it transforms java code to smali..the XML files are the ones you need to edit

Regards
MasterAwesome
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Android Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank