- a debloated international rom.
- a few mods
- themed black white and grey "v5"
[stock theme also "NG8"]
op - screenshots, info and rom downloads
post 2 - Themes
post 3 - Pieces, Requested Parts & Old Rom and Theme Downloads.
Thanks to @jrkruse
for his work on all his projects but mainly for the deodexed base he supplied for Empty Galaxy.
If you enjoy this rom please go thank him, I couldn't offer this without him.
link to jrkruse's builds for both SS and MDK bootloader with aroma
There you can also find some useful links and more info about this roms base.
EG NG8 & v5 Rom Screenshots & Features
removed ongoing 4g
removed ime switch notification
removed status bar carrier label
unlocked all screen rotations
9 home pages max
continuous rotation on launcher
launcher animations sped up a little
4-way reboot menu
boot sound removed
charger connection sound removed
Probably more I should mention
but let's just keep moving forward.
See how it looks and feels.
Let me know if you need something
and I will/probably/maybe see what I can do
ArchiDroid's init.d support
big thanks to @CNexus
for the flashlight toggle
[use sqlite or flash this zip after going through setup]
Apps in Drawer
Apps added to data/app
MW Apps Manager
Great App! But removed, this mod is in Wanam
receiving a call
received a text
good morning plus
As far as I can tell everything that should be
-Upon initial install Picasa fails to sync.
I don't have a real fix, I just don't sync
Using my work disclaimer
If it not for all the amazing devs and themers sharing with me, I would be not where I am now, which is relatively confident. If you would like to use anything I post, please just pm me your intentions.
One way or another I'm not able to do this without these guys
& Team Venom
& Deviant Development
for Xposed framework, making any rom customizable.
for Wanam Xposed and it's laundry list of mods.
for XuiMod, really amazing mods that I'm still discovering.
for MWM, I don't use multi-window but it's nice to know I won't be limited if I do.
Donations are amazing but never expected.
All donations, most likely, go to unmentionables in 27 states, coffee or paint.
Special thanks to these folks for supporting my themeing.
@xM Minton Mx
I'm pretty certain I'm forgetting no one but if I am let me know please
Empty Galaxy International NG8
Downloads & Instructions
1. Make sure to do a backup!
Instructions for MDK
1. Download rom and put on sdCard.
2. Boot into recovery
3. Wipe Caches [Wipe system and data if coming from another rom other than Empty Galaxy or a jrkruse international build]
4. Flash Rom
Instructions for Safe Strap
1. Reboot into Safestrap Recovery
2. Wipe... Advanced Wipe... everything except extSdCard
3. Install ROM
4. Install modules (to fix wifi)
5. Install supersu (to install supersu and modules)
Cont. for ATT USERS ONLY
7. During initial configuration, may have to connect to wifi to continue
8. Configure ATT APN settings
9. To enable voicemail shortcut on dialer, go to phone settings and change voicemail number from *86 to your number.
First boot instructions
1. Go through wizard [wifi also if available].
2. Reboot and let it sit until Play Store updates.
3. Start filling your galaxy.
9/15 Empty Galaxy v5.5
[theme additions and other minor changes]
[themed with official eg stock theme]
[Themed and Modded apks from v5, can be used after running jrkruse's aroma build, link above in op]
[unthemed stock touchwiz look]
I am not responsible, nor responsible for any damage caused by anything posted in this thread.
I hope you enjoy as much as I enjoy sharing