Q How to change wifi mac address

OP eksen

31st May 2014, 09:14 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Ankara
Thanks Meter: 9

67 posts
More
I'm using windows phone 8.1 lumia 1320 models. Wifi How do I need to change the mac address
1st June 2014, 11:25 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Developer
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 2,773

5,825 posts
More
To the best of my knowledge, you don't. That's not a thing you're even *supposed* to be able to do; there's basically no legit use for it except for certain types of security testing, and if that was your goal you bought entirely the wrong phone for the purpose. It might be possible - I've never tried - on an interop-unlocked phone, but unless Nokia is including very odd features in their OEM applications you're out of luck.

You could try running your requests through a PC (use a proxy server or set up the PC as a WiFi hotspot) and use the various driver tricks to change the MAC address on the PC, I guess?
The Following User Says Thank You to GoodDayToDie For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd June 2014, 09:30 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 3

129 posts
More
You can't...it is saved into the rom of your wireless card of your phone. It is impossible with every device in the world
8th June 2014, 09:57 PM   |  #4  
OP Member
Flag Ankara
Thanks Meter: 9

67 posts
More
No, I could not tell you exactly. I want to change the mac address so fake. Previously I was using android and "wifi mac address changer" There was an application named. I currently do not have such an application in Windows phones.
9th June 2014, 11:53 AM   |  #5  
Recognized Developer
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 2,773

5,825 posts
More
I'm guessing that app required a rooted phone? Not (yet) possible on WP8.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread