Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,778 Members 52,161 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Starting over

Tip us?

Cornbeef3000
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Unhappy Starting over

I've messes up my nook in ways i no longer under stand and i wanted to phone if there is an file i can flash to start over to square one, stock rom. i have the cyanboot on it, cmw is no longer there(i messed that up trying to installing semi stock rom) and nothing will flash, i cant tell if im charging it i just plug it in and it stays on the cyanboot screen can someone help? i just wanna start over

leapinlar
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3551

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornbeef3000 View Post
I've messes up my nook in ways i no longer under stand and i wanted to phone if there is an file i can flash to start over to square one, stock rom. i have the cyanboot on it, cmw is no longer there(i messed that up trying to installing semi stock rom) and nothing will flash, i cant tell if im charging it i just plug it in and it stays on the cyanboot screen can someone help? i just wanna start over
Go to my NC tips thread linked in my signature and make a bootable CWM SD per item A10 and then follow A15 to return to stock.

Sent from my SCH-i705 using XDA Premium HD app
See my Nook Color Tips Thread here,
and my Nook Color EMMC Partition Repair Thread here,
and my Nook Color Updated CM SD Installation Instructions here,
and my Nook HD/HD+ stock tips thread here
and my Nook HD/HD+ CWM Root Tools thread here
e.mote's Nook HD/HD+ Dummies Guide for installing CM10.1/CM10.2/CM11 here

Cornbeef3000
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by leapinlar View Post
Go to my NC tips thread linked in my signature and make a bootable CWM SD per item A10 and then follow A15 to return to stock.

I tried that and when i booted up the nook when it was installing rom restore image and it fails

leapinlar
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3551

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornbeef3000 View Post
I tried that and when i booted up the nook when it was installing rom restore image and it fails
Explain what you mean when you say it fails. And what do you mean rom restore image? You need to be more explicit.

YellowCobra
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by leapinlar View Post
Explain what you mean when you say it fails. And what do you mean rom restore image? You need to be more explicit.

Lets say i boot into cwm/twrp using SD or emmc i cant do a creen install (u know formatting data, cache, ect) and then did its time to install the rom, it installs like normal, no problem whatsoever, then installing g apps, same as before not a single problem or error message, then i reboot, see the cyanboot then its says "loading Emmc" or something close to that then the screen goes black, and stays black. weather 5,10,30 mins, an hour goes by nothing else will show on the screen. i though maybe i didn't format my cache (sometimes that's the problem on other devices in the past from booting) so i boot back into cmw/twrp and format it again, reboot, then after the cyanboot screen complete black screen, but i can run roms off SD fine but i dont like too

leapinlar
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3551

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowCobra View Post
Lets say i boot into cwm/twrp using SD or emmc i cant do a creen install (u know formatting data, cache, ect) and then did its time to install the rom, it installs like normal, no problem whatsoever, then installing g apps, same as before not a single problem or error message, then i reboot, see the cyanboot then its says "loading Emmc" or something close to that then the screen goes black, and stays black. weather 5,10,30 mins, an hour goes by nothing else will show on the screen. i though maybe i didn't format my cache (sometimes that's the problem on other devices in the past from booting) so i boot back into cmw/twrp and format it again, reboot, then after the cyanboot screen complete black screen, but i can run roms off SD fine but i dont like too
The original question on this thread was how to get stock back. You seem to be trying to put CM on emmc. You might do better putting stock back then try to put CM on it.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using XDA Premium HD app

leapinlar
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3551

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
[quote name="leapinlar" post=53764858]If you had CM on your NC before trying to go back to stock, you must first use my format zips from my NC Tips thread linked in my signature. Using CWM to format is not enough. Read item A15.

ok i flashed the rom, i boot the nook and i see the words "read forever". then a few seconds later it say "install rom restore image" but it failes[/QUOTE]Did you follow all the instructions in A15, including flashing the format 567 zip? That message is from stock recovery.