Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,458 Members 46,644 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Galaxy s3 Sprint will not turn on

Tip us?

rpalanati
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Galaxy s3 Sprint will not turn on

So at school today, I turned my phone off as class was starting, it was working perfectly. Afterwards, I tried turning it back on and it simply does not at all. I connected it to a charger, no buzzing or anything that usually happens. I removed the battery and put it back in, nothing. I used somebody else's battery, nothing again. There is no response whatsoever. FYI i am running stable version of cyanogenmod 10.1 (android 4.2). Anyone else with the same problem or know how to fix it cheaply??? Or am I screwed??

roirraW "edor" ehT
Old
Thanks Meter 1,729
No guarantees, but this occasionally does help someone with a similar problem. Take the battery out and leave it out for a good half hour or more. Overnight even better. Put it back in and test it.

If it doesn't work, maybe the power switch inside has completely gone bad. Under warranty or not?

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy SIII on TouchWiz 4.4.2 with Wicked X v6.5, Ktoonsez' latest kernel and the latest Philz Touch Recovery.
The Following User Says Thank You to roirraW "edor" ehT For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rpalanati
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by roirraW "edor" ehT View Post
No guarantees, but this occasionally does help someone with a similar problem. Take the battery out and leave it out for a good half hour or more. Overnight even better. Put it back in and test it.

If it doesn't work, maybe the power switch inside has completely gone bad. Under warranty or not?

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy SIII on TouchWiz 4.4.2 with Wicked X v6.5, Ktoonsez' latest kernel and the latest Philz Touch Recovery.
Ill try it and no not under warranty unfortunately.

PervyPrincess
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by roirraW "edor" ehT View Post
Thx ill try that. I have a friend who has the same problem with his g2

Sent from a Wicked S3 running Wicked-X
The Following User Says Thank You to PervyPrincess For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

roirraW "edor" ehT
Old
Thanks Meter 1,729
Let us know how it works out. Good luck!