FORUMS

XDA Recap: This Week In Android (Apr 18 – 25)

Here in the digital XDA newsroom, we spend our days pouring over an average of … more

Sunday Debate: Custom ROMs vs. Modular Tweaks

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Mods and ROMs. Come with your opinions and feel free to … more

AOSP 5.1 Lollipop for Nexus Q

Google Nexus Q is an intriguing device released with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. It was abandoned by … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (Apr 17 – 24)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

M8+Nova Launcher+OK Google= Complete happiness.

7th June 2014, 09:51 PM |#1  
sebastianraven's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Laguna Beach
Thanks Meter: 82
 
Donate to Me
More
So Nova just got an update that supports OK Google and it works flawlessly. It was the one item I was jealous of from the Moto phones.


Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Free mobile app
7th June 2014, 11:03 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 24
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebastianraven

So Nova just got an update that supports OK Google and it works flawlessly. It was the one item I was jealous of from the Moto phones.


Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Free mobile app

Yes, it's pretty frickin' awesome, if you ask me
9th June 2014, 05:17 PM |#3  
PsiPhiDan's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Plainfield
Thanks Meter: 638
 
More
Yeah, M8 + GPE + NOVA = PERFECT!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
9th June 2014, 06:33 PM |#4  
hgoldner's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Southeastern Pennsylvania
Thanks Meter: 666
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsiPhiDan

Yeah, M8 + GPE + NOVA = PERFECT!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Just curious, does "OK Google" wake Nova Launcher even screen off?
9th June 2014, 06:39 PM |#5  
PsiPhiDan's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Plainfield
Thanks Meter: 638
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hgoldner

Just curious, does "OK Google" wake Nova Launcher even screen off?

No - that's a hardware issue though. There's another thread complaining about how our phone doesn't have that capability while the OnePlus One does.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to PsiPhiDan For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th June 2014, 05:33 PM |#6  
sebastianraven's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Laguna Beach
Thanks Meter: 82
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsiPhiDan

No - that's a hardware issue though. There's another thread complaining about how our phone doesn't have that capability while the OnePlus One does.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I wonder if that can be solved with a "Mic always on" type script.
13th June 2014, 03:28 AM |#7  
85gallon's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag BFE
Thanks Meter: 679
 
More
When it first came out, I thought the MOTO X was the only one that could do it.

But my old RAZR MAXX (Not HD) would do the OK Google thing when I loaded CM11 on it. Shocked the hell out of me.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes