No registration required

[Q] Did I brick my S4? Need your help!

OP Feisar90

9th June 2014, 02:56 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 10

35 posts
Hey!!

thanks in advance for reading my post, I really hope you can help me in some way.
(Sorry for my english)

Well, I rooted my S4 and everything went well. I managed to get the newest Philz Touch + SuperSU on my phone.
Afterwards I wanted to install the new Google Play ROM (4.4.3) from Danvdh. I cleaned up with Philz doing a ''fullwipe'' + ''clean to install a new rom''. Then a problem came up saying: Error 7 or something... Installation Aborted!

Since I did ''clean to install a new rom'' now even my stock rom is gone and I'm pretty much sitting here with an empty phone right? But i cant install another ROM that might install successful, because my phone gets always stuck in the ''Galaxy S4 Bootscreen''. All I can do is getting out the battery to turn it off.
But I can still get into Philz Recovery where I could install a new Rom that might work, but I cant put another ROM .zip to my SD-Card because my computer wont detect my phone since its not getting started and is stuck in the loading screen. Else I would simply put another ROM onto my SD-Card at my PC but my phone doesnt get detected at that point...

Now I tried to install the Stock ROM via Odin (thats what google said might help). But when i tried to flash the md5 ROM Odin just said: FAIL

Im pretty much done with my ideas.. I am really hoping somebody can help me in any way.

Thanks for reading and thanks for any support!

Greets!!!
9th June 2014, 03:13 AM   |  #2  
Flag Wellington
Thanks Meter: 783

1,843 posts
More
Re download stock firmware and try again with Odin
Make sure kies isn't running
Try different USB port/cable

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Premium HD app
9th June 2014, 09:38 AM   |  #3  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Inside Your Mind
Thanks Meter: 1,393

1,677 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feisar90

Hey!!

thanks in advance for reading my post, I really hope you can help me in some way.
(Sorry for my english)

Well, I rooted my S4 and everything went well. I managed to get the newest Philz Touch + SuperSU on my phone.
Afterwards I wanted to install the new Google Play ROM (4.4.3) from Danvdh. I cleaned up with Philz doing a ''fullwipe'' + ''clean to install a new rom''. Then a problem came up saying: Error 7 or something... Installation Aborted!

Since I did ''clean to install a new rom'' now even my stock rom is gone and I'm pretty much sitting here with an empty phone right? But i cant install another ROM that might install successful, because my phone gets always stuck in the ''Galaxy S4 Bootscreen''. All I can do is getting out the battery to turn it off.
But I can still get into Philz Recovery where I could install a new Rom that might work, but I cant put another ROM .zip to my SD-Card because my computer wont detect my phone since its not getting started and is stuck in the loading screen. Else I would simply put another ROM onto my SD-Card at my PC but my phone doesnt get detected at that point...

Now I tried to install the Stock ROM via Odin (thats what google said might help). But when i tried to flash the md5 ROM Odin just said: FAIL

Im pretty much done with my ideas.. I am really hoping somebody can help me in any way.

Thanks for reading and thanks for any support!

Greets!!!

Good Morning.

make sure youre phone is in download mode when using odin Volume Down + Home Button + Power Button from phone swithed Off

if u still want the 4.4.3 rom redownload it and make sure!!!!!! you have the correct rom for your phone model.
As a solution for your SD not being read by pc. Just remove it and use a Micro SD adaptor a plug it directly to the PC
Or just simply use sideload ... if u search around a bit youll find a guide for Sideload wich is pretty easy IMHO

Enviado do meu GT-I9505 através de Tapatalk
Last edited by SnowPluralism; 9th June 2014 at 09:40 AM.
9th June 2014, 11:42 AM   |  #4  
Flag Netherlands
Thanks Meter: 295

1,892 posts
Error 7 is when you want to flash a rom that is not for your device. So make sure you pick the right rom and that you have the correct recovery for your phone.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread