FORUMS

Voices Of XDA: Orbiting The Earth With Android

Editor’s note: This week’s feature has been written by forum … more

CloudPlayer: DIY HiFi Music Streaming Solution

In our Helpful Guide to Music Streaming Services, we mentioned several different services … more

Optimize Battery Life with This Useful App

Battery life is an important aspect of your smartphone, especially if you use it for more … more

The OnePlus 2 & The Year of Smartphone Compromises

We are very close to entering the last third of 2015, and we have now seen many of … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Phone has been out a while now but still no developer edition RUU. I'm interested in converting by M8 (which is an AT&T variant previously converted to a GPE) to a developer edition version but don't want to do so until the RUU is released. Does anyone know HTC's typical time frame for releasing it? Is there any other fairly simple way to make this conversion from GPE to Developer Edition? Thanks.
9th June 2014, 07:27 PM |#2  
metaphz's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Wyoming
Thanks Meter: 96
 
More
Lol I need help with this too. I have SIM Unlocked BS_US002 and converted to GPE. The Dev RUU would be the closest to my phone and there is no 1540 firmwares posted so I can't get back to Sense.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
9th June 2014, 08:22 PM |#3  
an0ther's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 256
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphz

Lol I need help with this too. I have SIM Unlocked BS_US002 and converted to GPE. The Dev RUU would be the closest to my phone and there is no 1540 firmwares posted so I can't get back to Sense.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by NextNexus

Phone has been out a while now but still no developer edition RUU. I'm interested in converting by M8 (which is an AT&T variant previously converted to a GPE) to a developer edition version but don't want to do so until the RUU is released. Does anyone know HTC's typical time frame for releasing it? Is there any other fairly simple way to make this conversion from GPE to Developer Edition? Thanks.

There are a bunch of guides on this. All you have to do is flash the ota firmware, change mid/cid, and put developer nandroid and recovery on your phone. Obviously check/change mid/cid before flashing the firmware.zip.
9th June 2014, 09:02 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 118
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by an0ther

There are a bunch of guides on this. All you have to do is flash the ota firmware, change mid/cid, and put developer nandroid and recovery on your phone. Obviously check/change mid/cid before flashing the firmware.zip.

Can you direct me to a specific guide? Thanks.
9th June 2014, 09:43 PM |#5  
an0ther's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 256
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NextNexus

Can you direct me to a specific guide? Thanks.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2739571&page=3
scroll down a little, look for the big post
10th June 2014, 02:10 AM |#6  
metaphz's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Wyoming
Thanks Meter: 96
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by an0ther

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2739571&page=3
scroll down a little, look for the big post

That's just the OTA update. How is a 110MB update going to wipe GPE and repartition the Device, and install Sense.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
10th June 2014, 02:22 PM |#7  
serialtoon's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Long Beach, CA
Thanks Meter: 95
 
Donate to Me
More
Ive also gone back and forth with the GPE and SenseUI based setups. I would much rather have an RUU to re partition my device but the guide worked fairly well. I have never waitied this long for an RUU for an HTC device tho.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes