Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,690 Members 47,114 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Where are all the roms?

Tip us?
 
KingOfThaJungle
Old
#1  
KingOfThaJungle's Avatar
Recognized Themer - OP
Thanks Meter 675
Posts: 825
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: New York, NY
Default Where are all the roms?

Hi guys and gals,

I recently switched back from the Nexus line of phones to the Galaxy S line,which I have NOT regret at ALL, but where are all the ROMs for our S5? I am not being ungrateful to the dev's who are producing the current selections, but I am looking for ROMs such as Paranoid Android, PACman ROM, etc.... and before anyone says it, no, I am not a dev, so no, I cannot port it over or build it myself, just asking if anyone has an insight on the current status of amount of ROMs available. TIA!!!










 
omegajester
Old
#2  
omegajester's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 118
Posts: 468
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Carpathia

 
DONATE TO ME
Check the SGS5 international threads, you'll find plenty there. They're cross compatible with your device.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to omegajester For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
github
Old
#3  
github's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 144
Posts: 486
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: T-Mobile, USA

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfThaJungle View Post
Hi guys and gals,

I recently switched back from the Nexus line of phones to the Galaxy S line,which I have NOT regret at ALL, but where are all the ROMs for our S5? I am not being ungrateful to the dev's who are producing the current selections, but I am looking for ROMs such as Paranoid Android, PACman ROM, etc.... and before anyone says it, no, I am not a dev, so no, I cannot port it over or build it myself, just asking if anyone has an insight on the current status of amount of ROMs available. TIA!!!
Almost all of those ROMs you listed are based on CyanogenMod device trees. We barely have a working CyanogenMod at this time. Check out unified development. Also as said there are plenty of stock based ROMs floating around in the G900F section which are compatible with G900T.

I expect once the S5 gets most features working properly and starts getting merged into the main CyanognenMod codebase you'll see development take off more. Right now plenty of issues to work though such as camera, media apps (YouTube) FCs, senors being flaky, etc.

Reading the threads in the unified development section is a good way to keep up-to-date, as well as Twitter and G+ of course.
Model: SM-G900T
ROM: XtreStoLite (G900F)
Firmware: ANF6 (G900T)
Kernel: Chronic Kernel
Carrier: T-Mobile USA
Proud member of the KNOX 0x1 CLUB.
Bitcoin: 1A1GJhrmSk9w3jP28p9WoxtaRT8P3jEzFi
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to github For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
KingOfThaJungle
Old
#4  
KingOfThaJungle's Avatar
Recognized Themer - OP
Thanks Meter 675
Posts: 825
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: New York, NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by github View Post
Almost all of those ROMs you listed are based on CyanogenMod device trees. We barely have a working CyanogenMod at this time. Check out unified development. Also as said there are plenty of stock based ROMs floating around in the G900F section which are compatible with G900T.

I expect once the S5 gets most features working properly and starts getting merged into the main CyanognenMod codebase you'll see development take off more. Right now plenty of issues to work though such as camera, media apps (YouTube) FCs, senors being flaky, etc.

Reading the threads in the unified development section is a good way to keep up-to-date, as well as Twitter and G+ of course.
Thanks for the info!... So just to insure, only stock custom ROMs from the G900F section are currently working on our devices but not the CyanogenMod based ROMs, right?










 
aooga
Old
#5  
aooga's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 821
Posts: 2,827
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfThaJungle View Post
Thanks for the info!... So just to insure, only stock custom ROMs from the G900F section are currently working on our devices but not the CyanogenMod based ROMs, right?
Not sure what you mean by "stock custom ROMS". Anything in the international section that is compatible with the G900F (almost all of them) are compatible with our phone. Every single one except the ones that are made for the G900H, the exynos model.
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes