No registration required

Are aftermarket cases still waterproof

OP nuclear

11th June 2014, 05:20 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

509 posts
More
I want to buy a case that has a flip mirror cover. Something like the Arium or Anymode. But my question is, are these cases still waterproof? The rear cover of the S5 is probably made specifically to withstand water. I would like to take my phone into the pool or shower for up to 20min and I don't want any water damage. Any suggestions? I like this one especially by XNR http://www.ebay.com/itm/321415545762...84.m1423.l2649
11th June 2014, 02:49 PM   |  #2  
Flag Clearwater, Fl.
Thanks Meter: 72

786 posts
Donate to Me
More
The only way to know would be if it has that rubber gasket on it like the OEM back cover does. No where in that listing does it state that it maintains the IP67 rating, so I would be suspicious of that if you are interested in keeping the "waterproof"
11th June 2014, 04:25 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 856

4,790 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuclear

I want to buy a case that has a flip mirror cover. Something like the Arium or Anymode. But my question is, are these cases still waterproof? The rear cover of the S5 is probably made specifically to withstand water. I would like to take my phone into the pool or shower for up to 20min and I don't want any water damage. Any suggestions? I like this one especially by XNR http://www.ebay.com/itm/321415545762...84.m1423.l2649

if you are after the brand anymode, and if they do have a rubber seal, it's more likely supports the IP67, anymode is the only company to have their product certified by samsung, anymode is more like a sister company to samsung.
12th June 2014, 06:47 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

509 posts
More
No. All these cases do not support the IP67
There is no rubber seal in the anymode case and I believe there isn't one in the XNR either.

The Arium cases are by far the best because they don't replace the OEM rear cover provided by samsung. The Arium case is a complete separate housing and won't interfere with the IP67 certification.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread