XDA Xposed Tuesday: XHangouts Will Improve Your Hangouts

Ever since Google started supporting text messaging in Hangouts many people have … more

Shattered Screen? Turn Your Broken Device into a Complete Media Center!

A cracked screen usually means you’ll have to spend a hefty … more

Gmail 5.0: Material Design and Multiple Account Support

Google started to materialize many of its applications right after announcing the … more

Some of Our Favorite Features in Android 5.0 Lollipop

Android 5.0 Lollipop is the latest major revision to Google’s mobile operating … more
Post Reply

TF300T Linux Development Thread (For all your Linux concerns)

OP rjmxtech

11th June 2014, 06:12 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 69
 
463 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2013
More
I figured I would make a Linux Thread for this device that was more broad than the current Xubuntu one that already exists here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2190847 . I am going to figure out how to port different distros to this device over the next few months and I am aiming at getting Fedora, Debian, and possibly Arch Linux if I have time. I was disappointed by the lack of Linux development for this tablet so I decided to learn how to port to this tablet myself and take action.


*********CURRENT ROMS AND BUILDS OF LINUX FOR THE TF300T (I am not the developer of any of the builds below.)*********

---TF300T Xubuntu 13.04 : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2190847---

---TF300T Arch Linux : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1918849---

---TF300T Ubuntu Touch : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2165171---

---TF700T Kexecboot Linux (not sure if compatible with TF300T or not.) : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2387133---

If anyone would like me to add something to this list shoot me a PM and I will gladly add more. I have a busy life though so I am not going to always be able to add things 24/7.
Last edited by rjmxtech; 16th June 2014 at 05:46 PM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rjmxtech For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th June 2014, 12:33 PM   |  #2  
Insane PPC's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Granite Falls, NC
Thanks Meter: 37
 
216 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2008
Donate to Me
good idea to start a new thread, maybe either add in the main post or a reply all the latest images that work/rootfs/kexecboot info so that way its up to date on the main page, i might start gathering all that info for addition i n my post/maybe i'll get around to getting one working on my and cronicle my "quest"
16th June 2014, 05:17 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 69
 
463 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane PPC

good idea to start a new thread, maybe either add in the main post or a reply all the latest images that work/rootfs/kexecboot info so that way its up to date on the main page, i might start gathering all that info for addition i n my post/maybe i'll get around to getting one working on my and cronicle my "quest"

I have a general idea of what I have to do but currently my tablet is bricked and I'm working on getting it fixed (long story on why it is bricked). Anyway does anyone have an idea on where I could start with porting. Again I know generally what I have to do but I don't know where I can start learning to do so.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk
16th June 2014, 05:20 PM   |  #4  
Insane PPC's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Granite Falls, NC
Thanks Meter: 37
 
216 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2008
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjmxtech

I have a general idea of what I have to do but currently my tablet is bricked and I'm working on getting it fixed (long story on why it is bricked). Anyway does anyone have an idea on where I could start with porting. Again I know generally what I have to do but I don't know where I can start learning to do so.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

what kind of brick? mine was down for a long time becuase of a botched wipe and i lost recovery, the only thing i could do was get to fastboot...but any command would lock it up other than "erase" and turned out there was an extra partition/section that needed to be erased before i could flash a stock img/recovery back to it and start from scratch again.
16th June 2014, 05:27 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 69
 
463 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane PPC

what kind of brick? mine was down for a long time becuase of a botched wipe and i lost recovery, the only thing i could do was get to fastboot...but any command would lock it up other than "erase" and turned out there was an extra partition/section that needed to be erased before i could flash a stock img/recovery back to it and start from scratch again.

I tried flashing a recovery from terminal inside of twrp and so the device loops at the ASUS logo and won't go into fastboot or boot into the system or go into recovery. I don't know what to do.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk
16th June 2014, 05:34 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 69
 
463 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane PPC

what kind of brick? mine was down for a long time becuase of a botched wipe and i lost recovery, the only thing i could do was get to fastboot...but any command would lock it up other than "erase" and turned out there was an extra partition/section that needed to be erased before i could flash a stock img/recovery back to it and start from scratch again.

I will send you a PM nvm

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk
Last edited by rjmxtech; 16th June 2014 at 05:39 PM.
5th July 2014, 05:48 PM   |  #7  
Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
55 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2009
Any news?
10th August 2014, 10:07 AM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 69
 
463 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2013
More
I'm not fixing my tablet guys. I'm probably going to just purchase a MINIX Neo X-8H android set top box instead because it costs almost the same for what I have planned repair wise.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Transformer TF300T Android Development by ThreadRank