Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,480 Members 54,203 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Link2SD not working at all after CM11 upgrade.

Tip us?

acdroid
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Unhappy [Q] Link2SD not working at all after CM11 upgrade.

Hello peeps!
This is my first post! But it aint any tutorial, rather just a problem I am facing. Since, ya'll know, galaxy pop has a very little internal memory, hence, too many apps cannot be installed. However, this problem was overcome by apps such as the one mentioned in the question. But now the problem I face is, after I upgraded to CM11 (jenkins) this method no longer works. From un-installing system apps to moving them. Either there is so "no media available error" or "no sufficient permissions error" (even though SU allows L2SD)
So, is there something I am missing out? Is there something I need to do? I am ready to wipe data any number of times, but just don't want to downgrade.
PS. I tried the ADB method. It was decent, but problem? System apps can't be moved, or atleast the option wasn't enabled in my phone.
PPS. I really love this ROM, so please, any suggestions except downgrading would be appreciated.
The Following User Says Thank You to acdroid For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ast00
Old
Thanks Meter 453
You should uninstall link2sd and flash cronmod INT2EXT. It's a script that mounts your sd-ext partition as data, so that you get more storage.
For this need a class 10 sd card or faster and you have to create an sd-ext partition on it. There are many tutorials on how to do that, just Google it.

Sent from my GT-S5570 using XDA Free mobile app

I'm currently downloading. And the ping is still 6ms. The speed is the same.
The Following User Says Thank You to ast00 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

acdroid
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Talking Thank you very much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ast00 View Post
You should uninstall link2sd and flash cronmod INT2EXT. It's a script that mounts your sd-ext partition as data, so that you get more storage.
For this need a class 10 sd card or faster and you have to create an sd-ext partition on it. There are many tutorials on how to do that, just Google it.

Well, thank you for that suggestion. Well, since i already created a mount script with link2SD, is it alright if i just unsinstall it?

ast00
Old
Thanks Meter 453
Quote:
Originally Posted by acdroid View Post
Well, thank you for that suggestion. Well, since i already created a mount script with link2SD, is it alright if i just unsinstall it?
Be sure to check if it removes the script or not. In theory it does, but checking doesn't hurt.

I'm currently downloading. And the ping is still 6ms. The speed is the same.

acdroid
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Thumbs up Yeah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ast00 View Post
Be sure to check if it removes the script or not. In theory it does, but checking doesn't hurt.

I will be sure to do that!

acdroid
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Exclamation No Success.

hey, I just wanted to inform that I tried to use Cronmod's INT2EXT, but it didn't do the trick for me. I was wondering, every time I use ES file explorer, I see a "sd-ext" folder. Will moving apps there do the trick?
I know this may be a stupid question, but I am just curious.

dodiksamudra
Old
Thanks Meter 0
nice post

suyog-chan
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default link to CM11

heyy!!
can you give me the link of CM11 tht you have? and can you save accesspoint in that rom?
thank you!

robzware
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by acdroid View Post
Hello peeps!
This is my first post! But it aint any tutorial, rather just a problem I am facing. Since, ya'll know, galaxy pop has a very little internal memory, hence, too many apps cannot be installed. However, this problem was overcome by apps such as the one mentioned in the question. But now the problem I face is, after I upgraded to CM11 (jenkins) this method no longer works. From un-installing system apps to moving them. Either there is so "no media available error" or "no sufficient permissions error" (even though SU allows L2SD)
So, is there something I am missing out? Is there something I need to do? I am ready to wipe data any number of times, but just don't want to downgrade.
PS. I tried the ADB method. It was decent, but problem? System apps can't be moved, or atleast the option wasn't enabled in my phone.
PPS. I really love this ROM, so please, any suggestions except downgrading would be appreciated.
I use older version of Link2SD (Link2SD 3.1.5) and never update the L2SD
I can still use it until now...

acdroid
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Angry It worked?

Quote:
Originally Posted by robzware View Post
I use older version of Link2SD (Link2SD 3.1.5) and never update the L2SD
I can still use it until now...
I used the SDFix app, then used the L2SD and it worked, hell even other scripts which refused to work before, now works.
but, sometimes apps stops working, random reboots, random cache clearances blah blah! :v
I will try what you just suggested!