Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Sprint LG G2, can't install a custom recovery

OP pokemaster787

12th June 2014, 02:42 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
27 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
Hello all, I've got an LG G2 LS980 on 4.2.2 Jellybean. (I do not want to update to Kitkat) I cannot seem to install a custom recovery. I've read multiple guides and followed them all perfectly.. The ones using loki flash always give an error such as "Not a valid loki image" or "aboot version does not match the device" I've tried using the dd command on teamwin's site as well and all it did was completely remove my stock recovery. I've spent days trying to get this to work, please could someone help

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk
12th June 2014, 04:42 AM   |  #2  
wolfclan68's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Chula Vista, Ca
Thanks Meter: 84
 
175 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokemaster787

Hello all, I've got an LG G2 LS980 on 4.2.2 Jellybean. (I do not want to update to Kitkat) I cannot seem to install a custom recovery. I've read multiple guides and followed them all perfectly.. The ones using loki flash always give an error such as "Not a valid loki image" or "aboot version does not match the device" I've tried using the dd command on teamwin's site as well and all it did was completely remove my stock recovery. I've spent days trying to get this to work, please could someone help

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Here is the guide http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2522965
You said you read multiple guides, so I'm sure you've done this one already. If so, I would suggest you .tot to ZVA and start over. I first installed recovery on ZVA and didn't have issues like yourself.
12th June 2014, 05:13 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
27 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfclan68

Here is the guide http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2522965
You said you read multiple guides, so I'm sure you've done this one already. If so, I would suggest you .tot to ZVA and start over. I first installed recovery on ZVA and didn't have issues like yourself.

Yes I read that, but I stumbled upon an app called "FreeGee" that installed it for me. Thank you anyway!

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk
12th June 2014, 11:29 AM   |  #4  
zerocords's Avatar
Junior Member
Flag San Juan
Thanks Meter: 0
 
13 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
More
The same thing happens to me but even FreeGee didnt work...

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
13th June 2014, 09:14 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
27 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerocords

The same thing happens to me but even FreeGee didnt work...

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

That sucks... Sorry to hear that. Hopefully there's some other way you can stumble upon. Good luck

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes