Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,915 Members 42,112 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Weird folders appearing in my image gallery

Tip us?
 
CaughtOnTape
Old
#1  
CaughtOnTape's Avatar
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Mar 2014
Default Weird folders appearing in my image gallery

Hi,

Recently for no particular reason, my image gallery now shows ALL of the picture in my phone. Thumbnails from reddit app, pics from my boot sequence, etc. I have a Bell SGH-I747M running the lastest CM11 snapshot (the june one). Now i searched on google and couldn't find anything that can fix the problem. I've uploaded some picture for you guys.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using XDA Free mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1402631497204.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	58.4 KB
ID:	2795264   Click image for larger version

Name:	1402631511066.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	51.4 KB
ID:	2795266  
 
R_a_z_v_a_n
Old
#2  
R_a_z_v_a_n's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1647
Posts: 1,933
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: XDA Assist Team
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaughtOnTape View Post
Hi,

Recently for no particular reason, my image gallery now shows ALL of the picture in my phone. Thumbnails from reddit app, pics from my boot sequence, etc. I have a Bell SGH-I747M running the lastest CM11 snapshot (the june one). Now i searched on google and couldn't find anything that can fix the problem. I've uploaded some picture for you guys.
Try turning off Photos Sync, Picasa Sync and auto upload by Google +, Facebook and so on.
Turn off any photo syncing and after that make sure you delete the gallery cache.
 
CaughtOnTape
Old
#3  
CaughtOnTape's Avatar
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Mar 2014
Unfortunately, everything was already turned off. I turned it on then off again thinking that it was bugged, but nope. Folders are still there. When i delete them and quit the gallery app, they just come back again.
 
R_a_z_v_a_n
Old
(Last edited by R_a_z_v_a_n; 13th June 2014 at 02:59 PM.)
#4  
R_a_z_v_a_n's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1647
Posts: 1,933
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: XDA Assist Team
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaughtOnTape View Post
Unfortunately, everything was already turned off. I turned it on then off again thinking that it was bugged, but nope. Folders are still there. When i delete them and quit the gallery app, they just come back again.
MediaScanner is not running correctly , thanks @It_ler for the hint.
On some devices, connecting/disconnecting of the USB cable triggers the MediaScanner.
Here Rescan Media app from Play store to simply call the system's MediaScanner process.

If you don't want that the Gallery to show pics from special folders you can try to place a file called ".nomedia" into the folder(s).
Then trigger the media scanner again.
 
CaughtOnTape
Old
#5  
CaughtOnTape's Avatar
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Mar 2014
Thanks for your help but the app doesn't work (Crash right on startup), i tried other apps doing the same thing and all of them crash on startup or when i press the scan button. I'm not at home right now so i can't say much about the .nomedia trick. I think my root is just really ****ed up... I should unroot and start on a clean device. If you have any other possible solution feel free to post it!

Sent from my SGH-I747M using XDA Free mobile app
 
R_a_z_v_a_n
Old
#6  
R_a_z_v_a_n's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1647
Posts: 1,933
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: XDA Assist Team
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaughtOnTape View Post
Thanks for your help but the app doesn't work (Crash right on startup), i tried other apps doing the same thing and all of them crash on startup or when i press the scan button. I'm not at home right now so i can't say much about the .nomedia trick. I think my root is just really ****ed up... I should unroot and start on a clean device. If you have any other possible solution feel free to post it!

Sent from my SGH-I747M using XDA Free mobile app
Sorry, but for more relevant solutions you must follow the specific forum from here: AT&T Galaxy S III Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Change the Alarm Icon in the Status Bar with Xposed

It’s hard to find a more hated object than your alarm clock. They wake us up nearly … more

Return to Outer Space Outer Space with Ship Up Game

Since the release of Flappy Birds, we’ve had the “fortune” to see … more

Device Review: OnePlus One

Seemingly every day, there are a bunch of new devices being released. Some are budget devices and some are … more

Browse the Internet with the Innovative Atlas Web Browser

For the most part, Chrome, Firefox, and Dolphin Browser have no real rivals among … more