Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,289 Members 36,735 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] HTC Droid DNA on CM11 M7 release

Tip us?
 
kgwy
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 8
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Dharwad
Unhappy [Q] HTC Droid DNA on CM11 M7 release

Hi All,

My Droid DNA is currently running CM11 M7 release. I have been experiencing network signal loss around 3-4 times a day. Every time I lose the signal, my phone automatically restarts and acquires the signal back.

Previously, before updating to M7, a month back I was on one of the May Nightlies (forgot the date and lost the backup too) and was not seeing this issue.

What could possibly be wrong? Do you think I should update the radio, hboot or go back to some other version of CM?

Your responses are much appreciated!

Thanks,
 
deathrow1992
Old
#2  
deathrow1992's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 24
Posts: 114
Join Date: Jan 2013
Did you do a full wipe before updating?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk
 
orangechoochoo
Old
#3  
orangechoochoo's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 594
Posts: 1,951
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Beating up dumbbells
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathrow1992 View Post
Did you do a full wipe before updating?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk
Yup, try a full wipe (dalvik, cache, data, and system...restore NOTHING).
 
kgwy
Old
#4  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 8
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Dharwad
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangechoochoo View Post
Yup, try a full wipe (dalvik, cache, data, and system...restore NOTHING).

Yes, I tried wiping the dalvik along with cache, data and kept it under monitoring for 1 full day to see the problem and yes, it did restart again. So, no, I dont think wiping dalvik, cache data is helping!

What about the system? Do you mean to say, I need to install the firmware and stuff? Please advise.


Thanks
Kiran
 
crpalmer
Old
#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 2,105
Posts: 1,581
Join Date: Mar 2011

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgwy View Post
Hi All,

My Droid DNA is currently running CM11 M7 release. I have been experiencing network signal loss around 3-4 times a day. Every time I lose the signal, my phone automatically restarts and acquires the signal back.

Previously, before updating to M7, a month back I was on one of the May Nightlies (forgot the date and lost the backup too) and was not seeing this issue.

What could possibly be wrong? Do you think I should update the radio, hboot or go back to some other version of CM?

Your responses are much appreciated!

Thanks,
Nothing changed in CM that would require the new radio. It is always possible something changed at Verizon requiring the new radios though.

Next time it happens grab all the logs using the SysLog app by tortel and send them to me in a PM.
 
kgwy
Old
(Last edited by kgwy; 20th June 2014 at 02:40 PM.) Reason: New Information
#6  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 8
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Dharwad
Quote:
Originally Posted by crpalmer View Post
Nothing changed in CM that would require the new radio. It is always possible something changed at Verizon requiring the new radios though.

Next time it happens grab all the logs using the SysLog app by tortel and send them to me in a PM.
thanks for your response!

I have downloaded the app now. Its actually difficult to capture the logs just before the phone restarts as I don't know the time it happens. But let me try and see what I can capture.

Thanks

EDIT - Hi @crpalmer, I have been trying to get hold of the logs. However, I am unable to as I exactly don't know when the system will restart. Question is, do you need the logs just before the restart or is it okay to get it after the restart too? If you need them after the restart, is there a time-line before which I can capture them?

Please advise.
 
durgis
Old
#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 27
Posts: 101
Join Date: Feb 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgwy View Post
thanks for your response!

I have downloaded the app now. Its actually difficult to capture the logs just before the phone restarts as I don't know the time it happens. But let me try and see what I can capture.

Thanks

EDIT - Hi @crpalmer, I have been trying to get hold of the logs. However, I am unable to as I exactly don't know when the system will restart. Question is, do you need the logs just before the restart or is it okay to get it after the restart too? If you need them after the restart, is there a time-line before which I can capture them?

Please advise.
You can usually find the log from the last reboot by running the following adb commands. This *should* show any errors that were causing the freeze/reboot.

adb pull /proc/last_kmsg

It appears you can also do this through SysLog by sharing the 'Last Kernel Log'.
The Following User Says Thank You to durgis For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
kgwy
Old
#8  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 8
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Dharwad
Quote:
Originally Posted by durgis View Post
You can usually find the log from the last reboot by running the following adb commands. This *should* show any errors that were causing the freeze/reboot.

adb pull /proc/last_kmsg

It appears you can also do this through SysLog by sharing the 'Last Kernel Log'.

Thank you! I have now sent the logs to @crpalmer and hoping that he will shed some light..
 
kgwy
Old
#9  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 8
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Dharwad
Post Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgwy View Post
Thank you! I have now sent the logs to @crpalmer and hoping that he will shed some light..

UPDATE - Just an update to people who may be following this thread

I did provide the logs to @crpalmer. His response

"There isn't much there. All it says is that it failed to bring some hardware back online after sleeping. I've seen that once before and thought it was likely a sign of a hardware problem."

He also pointed me to https://jira.cyanogenmod.org/browse/CYAN-4205 where they are tracking this problem which is similar to mine.


However, after having reported this issue with my phone, my phone never has restarted because of this problem. Its been more than 150 hours since my phone last restarted. Note that there has been no change in my phone updates or anything similar.

I am still following the above link and hoping that it will be included in one of the nightlies.

Thank you,
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes