Gear manager immediate force close

OP cmdrogogov

15th June 2014, 03:29 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

37 posts
I can't find anything on this.

So I'm trying to pair my Galaxy S5 with the Gear2 - it can see the Gear 2 on bluetooth, but there's no prompt to pair.

Gear Manager pops up an error message very quickly and force closes.

I don't particularly want to have to sign up with a samsung account and/or use their app store on my phone - is there any way around this?
15th June 2014, 03:03 PM   |  #2  
Flag Miami, FL
Thanks Meter: 123

574 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrogogov

I can't find anything on this.

So I'm trying to pair my Galaxy S5 with the Gear2 - it can see the Gear 2 on bluetooth, but there's no prompt to pair.

Gear Manager pops up an error message very quickly and force closes.

I don't particularly want to have to sign up with a samsung account and/or use their app store on my phone - is there any way around this?

i believe you need to have a Samsung app store account. how else will you have access to the thousands of great apps for the Gear 2 without one... lol, but seriously, no account no acess. there are few (if any) apps in android play store. Gear 2 runs on tizen, not Android.

as for the F/C, try uninstalling everything and try again. my Gear 2 paired up with my Note 3 right away.
Last edited by rlee008; 15th June 2014 at 03:05 PM.
15th June 2014, 04:45 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

37 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlee008

i believe you need to have a Samsung app store account. how else will you have access to the thousands of great apps for the Gear 2 without one... lol, but seriously, no account no acess. there are few (if any) apps in android play store. Gear 2 runs on tizen, not Android.

as for the F/C, try uninstalling everything and try again. my Gear 2 paired up with my Note 3 right away.

I found a version of Gear manager as an apk download that runs, but you're right - what you can do with it is highly restricted.

I'm a little more privacy-aware than most android users, and as a result I'm probably not going to use the device much if it's locked to a corporate app store.
15th June 2014, 06:15 PM   |  #4  
Flag Irving, TX
Thanks Meter: 236

1,525 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrogogov

I found a version of Gear manager as an apk download that runs, but you're right - what you can do with it is highly restricted.

I'm a little more privacy-aware than most android users, and as a result I'm probably not going to use the device much if it's locked to a corporate app store.

The apps download to your phone which transfers them to your watch. The only possible apps I can think of that might expose your watch data are fitness apps that transfer your stats back to the phone. Watch faces, games, etc. don't share any data but still, the only way to get them is through the Samsung App Store.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread