Browse Your Files with Ease using MK Explorer

Google has made quite an effort in perfecting the powerful and multi-faceted OS that we know as … more

How to Fix the Nexus Available Storage Bug – XDA TV

Is your Nexus device only showing half of the available storage as it should? Many … more

Don’t Forget About Birthdays with Birthday Reminder

A person’s birthday is, without a doubt,one of the most important days in his … more

Don’t Fear Flashing with I Don’t Want You!

The XDA message boards are full of various modifications, with many of these helping … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] Boot Animation sounds

OP SnakeFist2005

15th June 2014, 10:50 PM   |  #1  
SnakeFist2005's Avatar
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
34 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2013
More
Can the nexus 7 2013 4.4.3 kitkat use boot animation sounds? If so where to place them and what to add in the desc.txt file. If not does cyanogenmod allow boot animation sounds?
I have used search but it found nothing. Maybe i didn't use the right key words. I searched for bootanimation sounds nexus 7 2013.
15th June 2014, 11:06 PM   |  #2  
mdamaged's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag South of Heaven
Thanks Meter: 1,077
 
1,679 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeFist2005

Can the nexus 7 2013 4.4.3 kitkat use boot animation sounds? If so where to place them and what to add in the desc.txt file. If not does cyanogenmod allow boot animation sounds?
I have used search but it found nothing. Maybe i didn't use the right key words. I searched for bootanimation sounds nexus 7 2013.

I don't think it does, at least not the stock ROM nor any other ROMs I know of (there may be some hardware limitation to as why), but, if they did, they might be stored where a custom bootanimation.zip would be, in /data/local and they might be in the same zip as the bootanimation, some devices use a sound file in /system/sounds, yes, I know, academic.

Yes, you will find posts that say to install/replace bootanimation.zip into /system/media, and while it works, it is not as elegant as using /data/local.
15th June 2014, 11:19 PM   |  #3  
SnakeFist2005's Avatar
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
34 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdamaged

I don't think it does, at least not the stock ROM nor any other ROMs I know of (there may be some hardware limitation to as why), but, if they did, they might be stored where a custom bootanimation.zip would be, in /data/local and they might be in the same zip as the bootanimation, some devices use a sound file in /system/sounds, yes, I know, academic.

Yes, you will find posts that say to install/replace bootanimation.zip into /system/media, and while it works, it is not as elegant as using /data/local.

Man that sucks why would it be a hardware limitation for that would be weird. So phones like htc adds something in there hardware to allow bootanimation sounds? To me it sounds more like a software problem then a hardware problem. LIke the nexus 7 2013 dont include the stage fright file or something.
15th June 2014, 11:26 PM   |  #4  
mdamaged's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag South of Heaven
Thanks Meter: 1,077
 
1,679 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeFist2005

Man that sucks why would it be a hardware limitation for that would be weird. So phones like htc adds something in there hardware to allow bootanimation sounds? To me it sounds more like a software problem then a hardware problem. LIke the nexus 7 2013 dont include the stage fright file or something.

That is just conjecture on my part, I really do not know. Just that I tried many ROMs and not a one had a boot sound. Doing a search as you did, also revealed nothing about nexus 7 2013 sound support. It might not be hardware persae, but rather a limitation on the bootup processes ability to access hardware during boot, again, more conjecture. If you find out otherwise, I'd be grateful if you let me in on it.
15th June 2014, 11:33 PM   |  #5  
SnakeFist2005's Avatar
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
34 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdamaged

That is just conjecture on my part, I really do not know. Just that I tried many ROMs and not a one had a boot sound. Doing a search as you did, also revealed nothing about nexus 7 2013 sound support. It might not be hardware persae, but rather a limitation on the bootup processes ability to access hardware during boot, again, more conjecture. If you find out otherwise, I'd be grateful if you let me in on it.

I'm going to crack this if it takes me awhile to do and i will let you know. Cause i made a nice mortal kombat bootanimation and without the scorpion wins flawless victory fatality sound its boring lol.
15th June 2014, 11:37 PM   |  #6  
mdamaged's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag South of Heaven
Thanks Meter: 1,077
 
1,679 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeFist2005

I'm going to crack this if it takes me awhile to do and i will let you know. Cause i made a nice mortal kombat bootanimation and without the scorpion wins flawless victory fatality sound its boring lol.

Thanks, good luck.

You could always say it out loud yourself while booting, people might think you're crazy, but hey, boot up sound!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes