[Q] How to get XT926 back to stock

OP lloydsw

18th June 2014, 01:13 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 4

49 posts
Man, I can't go off the grid for three days without coming back & finding the good news that KK can be rooted and phone can be unlocked.

So here's my problem: I am rooted and locked on JB. I've been using Safestrap for about a year to run alternate ROMS. I really don't know when it happened, but sometime earlier this year I went to boot into the stock rom slot and it just hangs and hangs. Obviously, I didn't care since I was happy with alternate roms.

But now with the ability to root & unlock my bootloader, I'm dying to get back to stock & get KK.

But I can't do the steps on here from other threads for getting back to stock so I can take the KK update.

Any ideas?
18th June 2014, 01:28 PM   |  #2  
Flag Columbus
Thanks Meter: 448

1,368 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydsw

But now with the ability to root & unlock my bootloader, I'm dying to get back to stock & get KK.

But I can't do the steps on here from other threads for getting back to stock so I can take the KK update.

Any ideas?

Why take the KK update? Flash the full FXZ.

Go here -> http://www.droidrzr.com/index.php/to...at-towel-root/

This will allow you to root and unlock your phone. Just follow Sam's directions. Read, read again and then, read one more time before attempting to actually do the steps.

You'll want to go to the first link for xt926 to fix your image (flash back to stock KK).

Then, follow the rest of the steps outlined to root and then unlock your phone.
The Following User Says Thank You to iBolski For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th June 2014, 12:43 PM   |  #3  
OP Member

49 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iBolski

Why take the KK update? Flash the full FXZ.

Go here -> http://www.droidrzr.com/index.php/to...at-towel-root/

This will allow you to root and unlock your phone. Just follow Sam's directions. Read, read again and then, read one more time before attempting to actually do the steps.

You'll want to go to the first link for xt926 to fix your image (flash back to stock KK).

Then, follow the rest of the steps outlined to root and then unlock your phone.

Thanks. My problem is it requires USB 2.0 & I don't have, nor do I have access to a computer with USB 2.0. That's what I get for upgrading my laptop a few months back . Any other options that you're aware of?
19th June 2014, 12:47 PM   |  #4  
Flag Columbus

1,368 posts
More
Quote:

Thanks. My problem is it requires USB 2.0 & I don't have, nor do I have access to a computer with USB 2.0. That's what I get for upgrading my laptop a few months back . Any other options that you're aware of?

Not that I know of. You'll need to find a computer with USB 2.0. Some have stated USB 3.0 worked for them, but I'm all a little skeptical on that claim, but I have no way to prove nor disprove it, so I guess I have to take their word at face value.
21st June 2014, 12:43 PM   |  #5  
OP Member

49 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iBolski

Not that I know of. You'll need to find a computer with USB 2.0. Some have stated USB 3.0 worked for them, but I'm all a little skeptical on that claim, but I have no way to prove nor disprove it, so I guess I have to take their word at face value.

Maybe a different tack - will Matt Groff's utility do what I need? I haven't seen anything about it needing USB 2.0
21st June 2014, 12:52 PM   |  #6  
Flag Columbus

1,368 posts
More
Quote:

Maybe a different tack - will Matt Groff's utility do what I need? I haven't seen anything about it needing USB 2.0

No. They all have to have usb 2.0. That's the issue: your pc hardware as opposed to the software.

Matt's utility still uses fastboot to flash the images.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread