Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,311 Members 48,990 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Problem with KNOX.

Tip us?
 
nfsmw_gr
Old
#1  
nfsmw_gr's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 673
Posts: 1,447
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Salamina,Greece
Default Problem with KNOX.

Hi, I had a screen issue today and got to a Samsung repair center after flashing stock rom and reseting the counter.
The Service center denied fixing my phone because I had KNOX Warranty Void 0x1.
Is there anything that can be done?
I've heard KNOX alone isn't supposed to give you warranty issues but that's not the case here.
Any user that Samsung fixed their phone with KNOX Warranty Void 0x1?
Could you share your experience?
Thanks.

Press thanks if i've helped you!
It's not much,but it does matter to me.


Anyone plays FIFA 13 on Origin?
Add me so we can play a game!
(nfsmw_gr just like here)

Devices:Nokia 3310-->Nokia 5210-->Nokia 3410-->Motorola V535-->Sony K750i-->Sony W660i-->Nokia 5320-->Sony W595i-->Samsung Galaxy S-->Huawei Ideos X5-->Nokia X2-->Sony Spiro-->Sony Live With Walkman-->Vodafone Joy(Huawei 845)-->Sony Xperia PLAY-->Sony Z550i(temp)-->Samsung Galaxy SIII(Awesome phone!)-->Samsung Galaxy S4
 
Joku1981
Old
#2  
Joku1981's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 548
Posts: 1,805
Join Date: Jun 2012

 
DONATE TO ME
You don't need create a new thread having this already opened:
[Q&A][i9505] Knox Q&A / Discussion Thread - ask questions here!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
CLICK "THANKS" BUTTON IF I HELPED YA
 
nikzDHD
Old
#3  
nikzDHD's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1062
Posts: 4,264
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: London
I can see your in Greece. Greece is part of the European Union. All EU members have 2 year warranties.

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/b...ty-EU-law.html

Use that against them and they should listen and fix it. Worth a try. It's EU Law
Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505
Rom: DjeMBeY XXUFNC9 4.4.2 | Der Kernel: KT Kernel | Theme: Domination V2.0

Tablet: Nexus 7 2013 32GB
Rom: OmniRom 4.4.2 | Der Kernel: Stock Omni

Previous: HTC DesireHD > Samsung Galaxy SII > T-Mobile Rapport > Samsung Galaxy S (Backup) > Samsung Galaxy SIII (Brief ownership) > Samsung Galaxy Note II > HTC One X > Nexus 4
The Following User Says Thank You to nikzDHD For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
nfsmw_gr
Old
#4  
nfsmw_gr's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 673
Posts: 1,447
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Salamina,Greece
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joku1981 View Post
You don't need create a new thread having this already opened:
[Q&A][i9505] Knox Q&A / Discussion Thread - ask questions here!
I'm sorry about that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikzDHD View Post
I can see your in Greece. Greece is part of the European Union. All EU members have 2 year warranties.

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/b...ty-EU-law.html

Use that against them and they should listen and fix it. Worth a try. It's EU Law
Thank you! Really good tip!
You think they'll fix it even with knox?

Press thanks if i've helped you!
It's not much,but it does matter to me.


Anyone plays FIFA 13 on Origin?
Add me so we can play a game!
(nfsmw_gr just like here)

Devices:Nokia 3310-->Nokia 5210-->Nokia 3410-->Motorola V535-->Sony K750i-->Sony W660i-->Nokia 5320-->Sony W595i-->Samsung Galaxy S-->Huawei Ideos X5-->Nokia X2-->Sony Spiro-->Sony Live With Walkman-->Vodafone Joy(Huawei 845)-->Sony Xperia PLAY-->Sony Z550i(temp)-->Samsung Galaxy SIII(Awesome phone!)-->Samsung Galaxy S4
 
Lennyz1988
Old
#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 212
Posts: 1,637
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikzDHD View Post
I can see your in Greece. Greece is part of the European Union. All EU members have 2 year warranties.

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/b...ty-EU-law.html

Use that against them and they should listen and fix it. Worth a try. It's EU Law
Almost correct, but incomplete.

Samsung doesn't have to give you 2 year warranty when you messed with the phone. The store where you bought it however, should fix the phone according to the EU Law. It's actually not called warranty but conformity of the product. Warranty is giving by Samsumg and conformity of the product is legally obligated to the store that sold you the phone. No rooting, flashing, can free them for fixing a hardware failure, that's not caused by yourself.

It's the store you bought it from you should claim your warranty.

I would however spam Samsung their Facebook and tell everyone how Samsung treaths their customers.

(I hope I translated everything correctly, but I think you will get my point).
Current:

Samsung Galaxy S 4 I9505 | WanamLite v3.0

Retired:

Samsung Galaxy S II I9100 : AOKP 4.2.1
HTC Touch Pro2 | ROM: Valkyrie 6.5.23115TR2.5
HTC HD2 | DarkStone1337 [FroyoStone Sense - V3.2]
HTC Desire : Oxygen v2.1.3
The Following User Says Thank You to Lennyz1988 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
nfsmw_gr
Old
#6  
nfsmw_gr's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 673
Posts: 1,447
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Salamina,Greece
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lennyz1988 View Post
Almost correct, but incomplete.

Samsung doesn't have to give you 2 year warranty when you messed with the phone. The store where you bought it however, should fix the phone according to the EU Law. It's actually not called warranty but conformity of the product. Warranty is giving by Samsumg and conformity of the product is legally obligated to the store that sold you the phone. No rooting, flashing, can free them for fixing a hardware failure, that's not caused by yourself.

It's the store you bought it from you should claim your warranty.

I would however spam Samsung their Facebook and tell everyone how Samsung treaths their customers.

(I hope I translated everything correctly, but I think you will get my point).
Thank you so much!!!
Great advice!

Press thanks if i've helped you!
It's not much,but it does matter to me.


Anyone plays FIFA 13 on Origin?
Add me so we can play a game!
(nfsmw_gr just like here)

Devices:Nokia 3310-->Nokia 5210-->Nokia 3410-->Motorola V535-->Sony K750i-->Sony W660i-->Nokia 5320-->Sony W595i-->Samsung Galaxy S-->Huawei Ideos X5-->Nokia X2-->Sony Spiro-->Sony Live With Walkman-->Vodafone Joy(Huawei 845)-->Sony Xperia PLAY-->Sony Z550i(temp)-->Samsung Galaxy SIII(Awesome phone!)-->Samsung Galaxy S4
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


[APK] Google News and Weather Gets Material Design Makeover, Minor Maps Updates

Although Google has somewhat gotten out of the habit of their … more

Software Build Automation with Jenkins – XDA Developer TV

Many members of the XDA community come to learn and begin in the exciting … more

Add Bits and Pieces of Honami to Your Current ROM

In the last few months, we’ve talked about quite a few Sony Honami-related projects. … more

Always Enter the Correct Password with HideNoPasswords

If you’ve ever entered apassword on your mobile device, you’ve surely … more