Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,629 Members 54,255 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] is it possible to instal at&t based roms on my verizon sch-i545?

Tip us?

mgraham80823
Old
(Last edited by mgraham80823; 18th June 2014 at 05:56 PM.) Reason: grammar
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Post [Q] is it possible to instal at&t based roms on my verizon sch-i545?

my current set-up is surges deoxed nc5 rooted firmware. I have installed hyper-drive 16.1 and liked it but I would like to play around with more rom choices. is there a way to port at&t custom roms to work on my verizon galaxy s4? I can't find a good write-up on it, or tutorial and though googlie has done a great deal for the development community I just don't understand his xstrasmall patch or really understand auto port patches altogether. I would prefer installation methods to be by safestrap, as it is all I'm familiar with. Thank you, for your reply.

wzhigaylo
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgraham80823 View Post
my current set-up is surges deoxed nc5 rooted firmware. I have installed hyper-drive 16.1 and liked it but I would like to play around with more rom choices. is there a way to port at&t custom roms to work on my verizon galaxy s4? I can't find a good write-up on it, or tutorial and though googlie has done a great deal for the development community I just don't understand his xstrasmall patch or really understand auto port patches altogether. I would prefer installation methods to be by safestrap, as it is all I'm familiar with. Thank you, for your reply.
Some Att roms may work, you may just have to test them. Also you will have to change the APN (google Verizon APN) to be able to get service.
[CENTER]Please hit the THANKS button if I helped you!